Chapter 11

Ryujin

Ryujin woke up in an unfamiliar bed.

She immediately sat up and felt a severe throbbing pain at the back of her head. Suddenly, the room started to spin as she squeezed her eyes shut to fight the nausea.

After a couple of minutes, she opened them again and saw a standing Yeji in front of her – a glass of water in hand.

That's right. She got thrashed last night.

She closed her eyes again, trying to remember as much as she could from last night.

She did shots with a group of college students from another uni. Lots of dancing. Throwing up. She remembered calling Yeji and making her way towards the bathroom door, where she always stays when waiting for her.

She was blocked by a couple of girls from coming down the stairs. One of them is a little too comfortable in closing the distance. Some resistance. And then–

Wait.

Yeji came, and she almost got into a fight. There was a loud voice that Ryujin was sure belonged to the feline eye. She remembered her being mad as hell.

What the-

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of glass clicking.

She looked up and saw that Yeji looked a little worried. There was something else in her eyes, but Ryujin couldn't exactly point out what it was.

She sat on the bed beside the brunette and handed her a tab of Advil. Ryujin muttered a soft "thank you" and took the medicine with water. Yeji still hasn't spoken a word.

Is she mad? This is... the first.

Because she could not stand the silence, Ryujin went ahead and asked in a whisper.

"Are you mad, Yeji-ah?"

There was a split second of surprise in the feline's face before she went back to the almost-blank expression. She breathed heavily and stretched out her hand in front of Ryujin.

Despite the confusion and the sudden throb in her chest, the brunette took it immediately. If they weren't in such a compromising situation, she would've melted with the feel of Yeji's hand in hers.

The latter caressed her hand softly.

The gesture was so romantic that she didn't register Yeji's statement immediately.

"S-sorry, what was that Yeji-ah?"

Another sigh.

"I was worried."

Oh.

"I was worried and scared."

Yeji met her eyes.

"And then I got mad when I saw that girl touching you. And pretty much lost it from there."

Yeji's face was relaxed but her grip on the brunette's hand got tighter as she recalled the events from last night. She must've been shocked about losing her calm too. Ryujin held her hand back and tried to offer words of consolation – feeling a swirling amount of guilt and disappointment in her stomach.

What was she doing dragging other people in her messy way of coping?

Defeated, she let go of Yeji's hand and started to climb out of bed.

"I'm sorry, Yeji-ah. I'll try not to cause any more trouble from here."

She was gathering her things when Yeji spoke up again.

"I didn't say it was trouble to pick you up. I... I will always come and get you."

She paused, and the brunette was at a loss for words because of what she heard. Yeji sounded concerned, above anything else.

"I'm glad you called me, and not someone else."

She arrived home that afternoon more confused than ever.

While she has already figured out and admitted how she felt about Yeji during her heated conversation with Lia, she still couldn't tell if the risk is worth it.

Her hand was so soft, though.

They've been friends for a year, and Ryujin has respected all her boundaries and has gained more from the friendship than the other girl. She doesn't want to be too selfish.

And she looked so adorable when she said she worries about her.

She has caused too much trouble already.

But she said she'd come to her rescue everytime.

"Gaaahh."

She dropped her bag down and went straight to bed, not even bothering to change.

Whatever she needs to do can wait. For now, she needs a good amount of sleep.