❦︎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 39 ❦︎

Start from the beginning

"you're a crybaby" he mumbled, breaking the second of eye contact that was held between himself and y/n. "I'm not, it's just a reflex that happens..i think" y/n replied and looked back up to the ceiling. suna mumbled a quiet hum and y/n only rolled her eyes before a thought came to her head. "sunarin" she called, turning to face his body once again. they were close and y/n knew this but just couldn't bring herself to make distance between them and neither could suna.

"y/n go to sleep. I'm tired" 

"yeah, yeah. i know but," her voice got caught in her throat when suna slight opened his eyes to meet with her own. "but?" he asked, slightly confused due to her sudden pause. "but, i wanted to ask if you were down to visit kenma, kuroo, bokuto, anddd akaashi for our little break thing." she quickly asked, trying to read his expression to get an answer but instead, she got nothing. "are you going?

"of course" 

"then, yeah. sure" he said. examining y/n's features when she went quiet. "is that all?" 

y/n nodded before fumbling with her fingers as she would usually do. suna's gaze caught onto her actions before reaching for her hand to stop her movements. "what are you nervous for?" he questioned, voice laced with exhaustion. y/n kept quiet, instead focusing on suna's gentle grip over her hands. she removed the ring that was given to her earlier, sliding it onto the index finger of suna. "you could keep it if you want" he said, noticing the new feeling of the jewelry on his bare hand.

"i can't keep taking all of your rings" she smiled, still holding onto suna's hand and fidgeting with the ring that she'd just given to him. "you need it more than i do" suna motioned to her current actions, making y/n pull back, breaking contact with suna. "um" she mumbled, frantically searching the room to look anywhere but infront of herself. 

"i can hear you overthinking from here. stop" 

"i'm not overthinking'

"yeah, you are"

"whatever. I'm going to sleep. when i wake up, you better still be next to me" y/n said, pulling the covers up and over her body before turning to face the opposite direction. "why would i leave?" he asked, slightly sitting up to take a look at y/n's features and in the process, sealing the distance between the two as they're now as close as possible. "because in the morning, you're gonna realize you made a huge mistake or some shit" she shrugged.

suna rested his body back down before letting his eye's close. "it'll be a good mistake" and with that, y/n felt a now familiar arm drape over her waist before pulling her closer. 

"go to sleep" 

♧♧♧

suna had awoken at least an hour ago but y/n was still asleep. it was the last day of school before the weekend would approach the following day. suna had to get dressed for the day but due to y/n's words, he decided to stay put until she woke up. 

'you better still be here when i wake up' 

suna rolled his eyes for seemingly no reason actually. when did he start to take such care in y/n's feelings and their friendship. it was confusing and his brain couldn't think straight in such early moments of the day. his arm was still hugged tightly around y/n's waist but it seemed that in the middle of the night, y/n had turned to face him once again which is why her face was resting against the warmth of his chest. 

suna's phone began to vibrate in his hold and he checked the screen to see that osamu was calling him. he answered and was immediately met with a frantic voice of the grey haired twin. "has y/n talked to you today? she wont answer her phone" he asked. suna looked down at y/n before whispering a small "she's fine".

"huh..why do you sound so suspicious right now. did you murder her?" he questioned, his worry slightly being put at ease but only resided from the weirdness of suna's tone. "no". 

"sunarin, were gonna be late to class. y/n need's to be ready by now. where is she?" 

before suna could answer, y/n began to stir around a bit, waking up from the voices of suna and osamu. a small groan erupted from her frame, making suna stiffen when a exaggerated gasp was heard from osamu. "SUNA, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU AND Y/N-" 

before he could finish his sentence, suna immediately hung up the call since he wasn't in the mood to explain everything at the moment. he decided to let osamu's suspicions wonder freely since he knew explaining everything would be the most futile thing to ever take place. "oh, you're still here" y/n mumbled, eye's straining to open as the sun bearing through the window was practically forcing her to adjust in a short amount of time. 

suna sat up as the blanket fell from his body. his hair was messily ruffled and y/n decided to continue to lay down as her energy was non existent at the moment. "SUNA!" his door swung open as both atsumu and osamu appeared in the frame. "what do you want?" suna asked, annoyance and fatigue clear in his voice. "what the hell is going on here?" atsumu asked, still half asleep as he used his finger to point at he and y/n's figure. 

y/n couldn't bother to engage in the situation that was unfolding in her current surroundings so instead, she just decided to listen. "y/n spent the night here" suna mumbled, getting out of bed to stand up and rubbing the sleep from his eyes with the heels of his palms. "AND YOU GUYS DIDNT INVITE US?" atsumu said, voice sounding only of betrayal and disappointment. y/n heard steps approaching her while atsumu continued to accuse suna of being a horrible friend. 

"n/n" osamu squatted down and mumbled. she hummed and opened her eyes to face him. "come on" he turned around, his back now facing y/n and she took this as an invitation of osamu carrying her to wherever. her arms slung over his shoulders as he supported her legs against his hips. "morning tsumu" y/n mumbled giving him a small wave has her head rested on osamu's shoulder. 

"you and suna are horrible friends"

"tsumu, shut up" osamu groaned at his brothers repeated words. yeah, he was a bit frantic when he called suna, but after realizing the situation of the two, he decided that he was overreacting just a bit. he knew things about both y/n and suna and he was slightly at relief when he realized that y/n spent the night. it was one step closer to what he was hoping to happen any day now. 

y/n and suna realizing that there's something more between them than just friendship

"where are you going?" suna questioned both osamu and y/n as they ere heading for the doorway. "I'm taking n/n home to get ready for school"

"oh"

"bye sunarin" y/n slightly smiled with a wave. he glanced at her before immediately looking away to focus on nothing in particular. "dork" y/n mumbled to herself as she rolled her eyes. "you're no better" she heard osamu say. "what..do you mean?" y/n asked, confusion enveloping her thoughts at osamu's words. he was quiet and didn't reply, making y/n sigh as she poked at his cheek the entire way back to her home in hopes of him explaining himself.  

he never did. 

A LONG CHATER BC I DIDNT UPLOAD FOR ALMOST A WHOLE WEEKKKK IM SO SORRY

i've been sooo busyyy but i think im back on track.. for now at least :) TY GUYS FOR WAITING, ILY ALL AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED <3