❦︎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 16 ❦︎

"just a hunch but...u might be kinda tired. idk though lol"

 idk though lol"

"n/n overslept

"n/n overslept. she might be late to class"

osamu looked over to his brother as he read the text that y/n had sent him prior to his spoken words. "again?" the blonde asked, letting out a small sigh. "told you that we should've just brought her her with us to morning practice" he shrugged. "that idea is even worse. she wouldn't wake up at 5 am" 

as the teacher walked into the classroom, she immediately noticed how the seat next to suna was vacant. "do you guys know where y/n is?". she asked, more so focusing the question towards y/n's friend group. all three boys shook their heads, knowing that if they were to tell the teacher the real reason, y/n would most likely be scolded. 

as she was about to brush off the situation, she noticed how yuzuha hesitantly raised her hand. "yes, yuzuha?" the teacher acknowledged. "she might've overslept. she got home pretty late last night for getting on the wrong train". she said. the unpleasant and disappointed expressed features made its way onto the teachers face, which made suna and the twins internally cringe at their failed attempt to cover up for y/n. 

"she just moved here, i'm sure it's normal to make mistakes with unfamiliar transportation" 

yuzuha visibly tensed at suna's words. he wasn't one to talk much in class, especially aloud and unnecessarily. just as suna realized yuzuha's reaction, the person who appeared in his peripheral immediately caught his attention. "good morning" she mumbled towards her teacher. the woman returned the greeting before excusing y/n to her seat. 

y/n felt eyes focused on herself. she truly wished that the energy that she had would focus on anything else other than the unwanted attention but, the opposite always occurred. "you look so full of energy" suna mumbled as she took a seat next to him. "crazy you say that because its so true" y/n mumbled, her fatigued figure giving away her sarcasm. "did you get sleep last night, n/n?" atsumu asked. y/n only nodded which told atsumu the real answer. 

last night - 2:06am

"mom, i made it home." y/n said as she held her phone up against her ear. "i'm glad to hear" she replied. "my friends helped the twins with their project. i'm sorry i couldn't get home in time" y/n apologized. "about that..." her mom started. "you shouldn't let your friends pick up your responsibilities. they have their own lives to live, you know, n/n"