The beginning part 1

(Nobody's pov)

Shiane woke to the sound of her alarm, she groaned and looked at the time, the red numbers flashing in front her eyes, it read 5am. She got up from the floor where she slept covered by a thin blanket and with only a slim ratty pillow to rest her head on. She tidied her stuff away then headed for a shower. As she finished she stood in front of the mirror and studied herself. She was tall at 6,2 well built with some muscle outline but not too much thanks to her wolf genes. She had bright red hair that hung straight down her back, which matched her blazing green eyes which had little specks of hazel through them. She was beautiful to look at which was thanks to her vampire genes. She got dressed wearing a black baggy t shirt and black jeans with black combat boots. She wasn't a goth or emo she wore them to hide the scars and bruises from the beatings she got.

She made her way down to the kitchen and cooked breakfast for every member of her coven, she lived in a vampire coven as she was adopted by them as the wolves didn't want a hybrid in their ranks.
As breakfast was nearly ready she heard doors upstairs open and feet shuffling across the hallway. Yes they were walking human pace and were shuffling, they were tired and extremely cranky in the mornings. She stepped aside and sat on the floor in the corner of the kitchen making herself as small as possible. She saw the Mistress of the coven arrive at the table. The Mistress was a very beautiful woman with striking black hair and exquisite ice blue eyes which could make you feel they were looking right into your soul. The name of the Mistress was Raven and was the eldest vampire apart from the royal vampire family alive.

(Raven's pov)

I smelt breakfast cooking and sighed sadly, she was cooking for everyone again. I had told her so many times not too but she won't listen. She just says "I am a Submissive it's what I do" she doesn't realise she is so much better than that. I sighed again and got dressed before heading down to breakfast as I arrived the coven greeted me kneeling and showing their respect. I inwardly grimaced I hate this part sometimes it's so outdated but rules must be followed. I nod and they rise and sit themselves at the table which was laden with all types of breakfast food, sausages, bacon, eggs of kinds, French toast, croissants and anything else you can think of. I helped myself to a bit of everything and dug in. I looked over and saw Shiane seated in her usual position on the floor in corner, I motioned her over but instead of her raising she crawled over on her hands and knees. Once she was kneeling in front of me I asked her why she wasn't eating and this is how the following conversation went.
(R) Why aren't you eating Shiane?
(S) I am waiting for everyone else to finish Mistress.
(R) You must eat something.
(S) I will Mistress once everyone is done.
(R) Really Shiane you do worry me at times.
(S) My apologises I do not mean to worry you Mistress, I am a Submissive I must wait until everyone is finished that is the law Mistress.

I sighed knowing she was right. I shook my head and dismissed her, I watched her crawl back her spot and carried on eating. After breakfast was finished the rest of the coven went about their business, the younger ones going to supernatural academy for all supernatural species. The adults went to various jobs while others patrolled the borders of our land and some stayed to watch the children that didn't go to school yet.
I watched Shiane wash and put away the dishes before sitting at the table with a plate of food as I watched a young child a girl of at least three come up and ask her for a drink, she instantly got up and made the girl a drink before returning to her food. The child's mother saw this and came running over knocking the drink out of the little girls hand. She scowled at Shiane before making the girl a drink herself, she dragged the little girl away but not before barging past Shiane and knocking her out way. I was going to say something but Shiane caught my eye and shook her head, sighing I turned heading towards my office.
I had some calls to make it was time for the yearly mate/beloved ball and Shiane was old enough to attend.
I wanted her to find her partner, her other half if you will.

(Shiane's pov)

After Mistress Raven left to go to her office I went to clean the games room and TV room as I was cleaning the little girls mother came in with her gang of friends there were about 6 of them. I knew what was going to happen. The woman came up to me screamed at me to stay away from her daughter. I kept my mouth shut nodding at her and keeping my head down. I could feel my wolf side growling she hated being abused but I shushed her by saying that we would be free soon. My vamp side wanted to rip everyone apart and drink them dry, vamp or not she didn't give a crap.
Honestly my vamp side scared the fuck outta me but she soon calmed down, the woman was still screaming at me then she threw a punch at me, it caught right in the face and I felt my nose break and my lip split. My eye swelled instantly and soon her friends joined in. I took everything thrown at me the punches, the kicks, the scratches, the stamping on my face and head and the chair broken across my back. As darkness finally came to claim me I saw Mistress Raven walk into the room and man did she look fucking pissed.

I stirred and went to sit up but a sharp screaming pain shot across my face and back keeping me flat on my back. I groaned and a face loomed over me.
It was Mistress Raven, she looked relieved that I was awake.
(R) How're you feeling Shiane?
(S) Like I just went ten rounds with a sledgehammer.
(R) Why didn't you fight back little one?
Oh my god she used her pet name for me, I thought.
(S) You know why Mistress the law states that I cannot fight back against my superiors.
(R) Please stop calling me Mistress you know I don't like it. Anyway why weren't you in school today?
(S) I know but I cannot do that Mistress. It's Wednesday it's coven cleaning today plus its  a free day for home study.
(R) ok but I order you to rest until you are fully healed.
(S) Yes Mistress.
After that she left and I laid back and fell asleep knowing I healed quicker that way.