Johanna

"wake up!" A loud angry voice shouted in my ear making me jolt awake and realize half my face was planted in the sand.

I knew that voice anywhere. It was Johanna Mason.

"What do you want?" I asked getting to my feet casually while dusting the sand off my hands and face.

"You looked dead but we didn't see your picture last night." She said agressively wrapping me in a hug.

"What makes you think I would let a tsunami take me out?" I ask as I unstrap my trident and toss in inro the sand to test my grip.

"I didn't." She said.

"Who else is here in your group?" I ask.

"Wiress and Beetee. We had the morphlings. Had."

"We need to regroup. I almost broke the arena but they deleted the tree I was about to cut down." I explained.

"You mean like find 12 and Finnick?" Johanna asked.

"Yes." I replied.

She didn't reply. Instead, she began walking along the beach. I followed after her knowing what she was doing and I heard district 3 behind me trudging along in the sand.

"Y/n?" Beetee asked.

"That's my name." I replied turning around to face him but continued walking backwards.

"Would it be appropriate to ask why every inch of you has a different weapon on it?" He asked gesturing to the abundance of artillery dangling from my many different belts.

"I just like the walking wind chime aesthetic." I replied. Beetee gave me a curt Laugh before hardening his face in a more serious manner. "Everyone got scared after I dragged a bunch of people under the water and killed them. I am the bloodbath so naturally as my award I raided the cornucopia."

"Now's not the time to be a stuck up y/n." Johanna called out to me.

"I'm just playing my part, Johanna. This is a game not a battle. There are no layers. We all play the parts we've been playing for everyone and everyone gets what they want. I play a stuck up hottie because that's what I'm known for." I called back.

"You're not a hottie." She deadpanned.

"Aww, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. Is it because of the sand all over my face, or is it because my wetsuit is stained with my victims blood?" I said animatedly as I skipped across the sand.

"You know you can be really annoying sometimes?" She asked rhetorically.

"Only for you." I replied making a heart with her hands. I have no idea what hit me over the head but I was feeling fantastic right now.

"Is this how she acts when she gets sleep?" Beetee asked in a low voice that still carried over to me.

"I wouldn't know. She never sleeps. She's like a zombie most of the time. Her and Finnick." Johanna asked.

I wouldn't know either since this is the first night in ten years since I slept soundly for an extended period of time.

"It's raining." Wiress said so quietly none of us would have heard her if we hadn't felt the rain ourselves.

The droplets were hot and heavy as they rolled down our faces. It almost didn't feel like water at all.

"It's blood. It's blood rain!" Johanna shouted just before we were buried in a torrential downpour.

We could barely breath and every time we opened our mouths they were filled with thick, hot, blood.

My immediate thought was to dive into the water and just hold my breath there so I wouldn't get drenched in the blood but it was a bit too late for that.

I shielded my face from the blood and took a deep breath before diving into the water. I took a few minutes to clear all the blood in the water that came off of me but I soon saw Johanna, Wiress and Beetee. They had their heads above the water so I assumed they weren't the strongest of swimmers.

I poked my head up and pointed in a random direction then went back under and swam towards where I pointed. I managed to take a breath before going under again so I was solid for another seven or eight minutes depending on how fast I swam. I probably needed to go slow for the three people above me. All that matters is that we get out of the blood rain.

I hadn't done much eating while here in the arena and I had just realized how empty I felt. How was I still functioning? I pulled out a long knife and held it out ready to sneak up on some fish.

Just as I stabbed a fish in the head I saw a shadow over me and looked over me to see Johanna watching me in a judgemental way. I took the knife out and tucked it away using my mouth to hold the wiggling fish as I swam off like a frog.

I'm sure I just creeped her out but finnick had seen me do this on numerous occasions and would not be fazed if she went to him with that story. Honestly, I hope that ends up on the highlight reels that the capitol plays during the night while most of the tributes are asleep.

When I finally resurfaced Johanna and 3 were already climbing out of the water. I had killed the fish by now so once I was mostly out of the water I sliced the head off and cut it into a filet.

"Y/n!" I heard a very familiar voice say. It was Finnick. My Finnick.

"Finnick!" I said back as I dropped the fish and knife running towards the love of my life.

He had his arms outstretched walking towards me. I ran into his arms had he lost his balance falling over into the sand with me on top of him.

"You're okay?" He asked and I nodded vigorously before crashing my lips onto his.

"Okay I was fine with the hugging but I don't condone face eating." Johanna said as she kicked me off of finnick.

"I haven't kissed him in like- a few days- let me have this." I said climbing back on top of finnick as he wrapped his arms around me. He was warm like he had been sitting in the sun.

It was almost perfect. Until reality slapped us in the face and we all remembered why we were here.