✞︎ғᴏᴜʀ

Author ☀︎︎

The just-risen sun shone softly on the city streets, bringing with it a flurry of early-morning activity. Darren stood a few feet away from his Cadillac Escalade enjoying the morning sun plus the mid cold .

" what taking him so long!?".

Darren fussed leaning against his car. This was a normal thing to do,  waiting hours at the weed supply until August come out with some information regarding his own money and business . His mind runs on mona and decided to give her a call Making sure there isn't a stupid decision in her mind.

" wassup were u at?." He said.

There was shuffling in the background until her morning voice spoke up.

" am getting outta' bed and get dressed to leave " she replied feeling the impact due to the stress levels rising. 

" ight I'll come visit u and bring u around school " Darren told her Making it obvious she should be dressed before he gets there. Hanging up August walks out the car sitting in the backseat.

-
ʀᴀᴍᴏɴᴀ ☀︎︎

" u hungry?" Darren asked seeing a food place ahead of us

" u hungry?" Darren asked seeing a food place ahead of us. I shook my head and turn away looking outside the window, the car was heavily tinted playing a slow rnb mixed with Chris brown and usher and some others.

" u need to stop thinking about all that " he assured me rubbing his hands over mines.

" u can't just expect me to get up and say damn life ain't shit , but seeing my dead father and now my mother trying for the grave ?" I said, Pouring out my heart.

" I know that life ain't shit, am still here doing my only job I've known since 16 and shit there's alot I've seen " Darren told me.

I didn't know what he was talking about but it's surely something that happened and is still creeping up on him.

We pulled up in the driveway and I stepped out making sure my phone was at the front of my bag .

" amma' come get u later." He says giving me a soft hug ,  I pulled away and gave him a smile heading inside inshore high school  just 1 year left and am done and out that mf into university.

-author

Sliding in her seat, mona checked her bag Making sure that ugly security didn't steal anything important.  Seeing it was all OK she lifted her bag on the table and scoot back laying her head against the desk.

It was chemistry.  She hated it with her whole heart.

" mrs Ramona I'll accept it if u just get off the desk and actually learn something,  not everyone is bright as u" mrs grainger scoffs folding her arms barely holding herself up .

Mrs grainger was the least liked in mona's book. She brain washed all the students to think she wasn't so strict and lack emotions or it was the major wife roles she had to take on with her husband also a member of the school staff.

" my name is Ramona Kingsley and please don't address me as my first name as I'll be very disrespectful.  Actually I've already learnt this stuff which means the brainless students need this lesson not me " said Ramona giving the strict teacher all her attention.

Mrs grainger scoffs and turned away leading her stick across the board giving a quick glance at the most educated student in the room.  Ramona opens her book and put her phone inside reading another chapter from her favorite book.

45mins into the lesson ~

Ramona glanced up from her book when a familiar face enter her classroom.  Darren.  He walked towards the teacher and talked to her with the most nonchalant face ever. Mona freaked out if Darren said anything fucked up she would definitely drop a stone on his car immediately.

" um....mrs Kingsley can I speak with u after class "  mrs grainger  says nervously writing on the board. Ramona took off the notes for her study session and for anyone who ain't got shit in their books to study for. 

Darren gave her a small nod and walked out the class probably going to sit inside the car for another couple hours until school finishes.  Ramona packed up her stuff and walk towards the door when mrs grainger stops her holding her hands together.

" hey....um s-sorry for the argument back there, am just having a rough day and your b-boyfriend came and told me your having a crisis sorry to hear that hope u can forgive me " the old woman eyes fiddle to stay in closure with mona's  brown ones.

" try that shit again and I'll make sure u never speak permanently " seh scoffs walking out the classroom.

-darren

" teacher got her fucked up " I told August finishing up my blunt watching some kids leaving the school.  Mona was a few walks away before a car pulled up and fired shots at us both, I dashed under the seat and grabbed my gun firing back at them as they turned the corner.

" come here " I yelled seeing mona running back inside the school.  Giving her a tight hug I could her heart pumping rapidly and how scared she looked right now

" let's go now!" Said August already sitting in the driver's seat waving for us to get inside.