28

⋆·˚ ༘ *22
"it feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters and make fun of our exes."

Juliette sat with her legs crossed, staring at her light makeup in the mirror. Taylor brushing her fluffed, blonde locks.

The patchwork hot pink romper adorning her skin, tight against her, the white collar popping.

Belly rolled in, Susannah's roller skates on her feet. "You look hot."

Juliette's cheeks flushed red as she glanced at her in the mirror. "Really? Is it too, like, pink?"

"No." The two girls said in sync, Taylor placing her brush down as she placed her chin on the top of her head. "Jeremy's gonna love it."

"What?" Juliette pulled her brows together, turning to face her friends.

Belly folded her arms over her chest, laughing. "I don't know, Tay. She's been staring at Conrad all day, like, she just wants to..."

"Belly!" Juliette scolded loudly, taken aback by her near vulgarity.

"Sorry." Belly shrugged, her hands coming to shield her large grin.

Juliette shook her head, her hands coming to rest on her knees. "Uh, Jeremiah. He told me that he didn't kiss me during truth or dare because..." She paused, chuckling. "If he kissed me, he wouldn't be able to stop."

Taylor gawked. "That's, like, Wattpad- level hot."

"Oh, my." Juliette rolled her eyes, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth. "But, uh, today, Conrad. It just felt, like, how it used to be."

"I don't wanna talk about Conrad." Taylor crossed her arms in annoyance. "He really hurt you."

Belly sat beside her, fixing her makeup. "It's probably just echoes. But, I think Conrad will always be in love with you."

Juliette glanced at herself in the mirror, fixing her lipgloss. Taylor pressed her cheek against hers in a comforting manner. "Just be careful, okay?"

"Yeah." She hummed with a small grin. "Besides, it's party time."

The three girls fixed themselves before walking downstairs, the bright neon lights illuminating the entirety of downstairs, along with specks of the backyard. The house was filling with people, quickly.

Juliette flashed smiles at passing familiar faces. Her lips parted as the group of girls from last summer squealed upon seeing her.

"I'm so happy you guys are here." She hugged them each with a large grin. Belly joined her, the group of girls standing together. "I heard about Gigi's dad."

Dara nodded, sighing with a shrug. "Okay, she's fine.
There's a documentary crew following her, and she
thinks she's the next Kim K."

"Dara." Marissa laughed in disbelief. "You signed an NDA. You're not supposed to say anything."

Dara blinked, carelessly. "Okay, who cares? She
told literally everyone."

"Tell me you didn't miss this drama." Nicole smiled, looking between her two old friends as they nodded, laughing in agreement.

"I missed you guys." Juliette pouted slightly. "Okay, I'll be right back, I'm gonna go find a drink."

She brushed past them, tightening her updo.

"Jules! Jules!" Her name being called had her turning, Conrad beckoning her over. Juliette walked to him, happily. Conrad handed her a red solo cup, grinning. He then pointed to Steven. "Stevens gonna take our picture."