Levi opened his mouth once again to speak, but closed it. Y/N looked away, in fear that if she didn't, she probably would've kissed him right there.

"Time. I need time. To see you're real."

"If i'm real? I'm right here." He said obliviously, and despite the tension in the air between them, Y/N let out a laugh, using her fingers to push Levi at his forehead.

"Real about us. If you want me like you claim, you'd wait for me. Right?"

As soon as she said it, she regretted saying it.

Never knowing the answer to this question would hurt less than him saying no.

"I'd wait forever if that was what you wanted." He said almost immediately, relief washing over Y/N faster than the anxiety could even break through.

Y/N relaxed into her seat as Levi found her hand, clutching onto it reassuringly.

"I want us to work Y/N. I really do, and I know I'm probably the worst person to want to settle down with, but I'd do anything for you. I mean it." He reassured her as she nodded, her eyes beginning to burn with emotion.

"Promise?" She asked in earnest.

"I promise." He squeezed her hand softly.

She nodded again, her eyes returning to her coffee, unsure of what to say. Levi's eyes hadn't moved off of her, though he was stumped for words too.

"How long do you want me to wait?" He asked, and though her eyes remained on her drink, Y/N began to speak.

"Until I'm ready, and I know you are too."

"What do you mean? I'm completely ready." He said firmly, trying not to sound offended. He was head over heels for this girl, but he couldn't help but feel wounded about the fact that she was so skeptical about this relationship.

"You may think you are now Levi, but you're so used to having such relaxed relationships, if thats what you can call them, but would you be okay three months down the line? What about six? Could you even see us together next year?" She explained, and before Levi could talk again, she continued her row of defence.

"How many more times will you be able to stand a breakdown like the other day? How long until you start missing the lack of commitment, and how long until the idea of being with me, forever, scares you truly?" She continued, her eyes filling with tears as Levi gently smiled.

"Y/N, I think you're just telling me all your worries. And if my past really makes you doubt whether my feelings for you are true are not, then I'd do anything. Anything, for you to trust me." He reassured her again as she raised an eyebrow.

"Anything?"

"Whatever you want." He nodded as she smiled, a bit too sneakily for Levi's liking. He looked at her quizzically as she straightened herself up in her chair.

"Cut off every girl you know. At least just temporarily." She proposed, as Levi laughed weakly.

"What?" He asked half-heartedly.

"Well if you're as devoted to me as you claim to be, you'd have no problem distancing yourself from all your friends. Right?"

"Y/N..they're friends." Levi tried to emphasise.

Y/N rolled her eyes. It was amazing to see how this man went from bragging about he only made acquaintance with girls to bed them, but now they were friends.

"Please," she dismissed him, "you and I both know you don't have a single female friend you haven't fucked." She looked at him, daring him to choose what to say next.