The Turn

You were eating dinner when all of a sudden rock started to consume you. You were helpless and didn't know what was happening to you. After the husk finally came off, you felt off and realised that you had a terrifying new power. Thankfully someone comes to take you in and makes you feel better.
(Inspired by 'Aftershocks' 11x02)

You woke up confused in your apartment, you must've passed out. Looking around you saw a pile of cement-like rock surrounding you. Your insides were burning, but even worse, your head was filled with emotions and thoughts. It was too much.

Stumbling over to the sink, your vision swayed and you couldn't focus on anything. You felt fear, happiness, sorrow all at once. You couldn't just hear your neighbours laughing you could hear what they were cackling about. You could feel the excitement of a little child who had just received a new Avengers toy. Your emotions were no longer yours.

Terrified, you ran downstairs and onto the busy street where crowds of people were bustling around minding their own business. You were so lost in your own mind that you accidentally barged into an old man. Instead of moving on he started yelling at you. The feeling of pathetic terror filled your body. And to your surprise everyone around you seemed to be feeling the same way as you. They started screaming and darting around unaware of what they were so scared of.

At this point it was too much. You sprinted back to your apartment and locked the door. You needed help, but no doctor would be able to explain emotion and mind reading. That was until a gentle knock came to your door.

"Y/N, hey, do you mind opening up? I'm here to help". How bizarre you thought. This was clearly a scam.
"I don't want you're help, just clear off, I don't want to hurt anyone else". You said firmly.
"I promise we won't let you hurt anyone else, okay? I'm with SHIELD, and we're here for your protection." SHIELD? My protection? You stayed silent. Somewhere in your scrambled mind you felt their presence, and the woman's desire to help you. She continued "Okay, we're going to come in now regardless so I recommend getting away from the door. Can you do that for me?"

There was a loud woosh and suddenly your front door swung open. You would've questioned how but your mind was still buzzing. The woman walked calmly through the door and saw you sitting head-in-hands on your bed. She was concerned.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. We're not going to hurt you. We are going to bring you in as it's not safe for you here anymore." You wanted to believe her but with everything going on you didn't know what to do.
"Did I hurt anyone?" The question had been bothering you for a while now.
"Only a few cuts and bruises, nothing serious don't worry." You sighed with relief and for the first time your eyes met hers.

She looked so badass and powerful. The other person with her was tall and absolutely jacked. He looked serious and cold but on the inside you could sense a warmth that he hid. His voice was deep "Okay Daisy we need to start heading for the containment module, extraction in 10."
"Thanks Mack. Okay Y/N, believe me I've been were you are right now. And I know that it feels like you're totally helpless. But I can help you. I just need you to come with me." Something about her made you feel like you could trust her, so you agreed reluctantly and followed her to the roof.

On the roof a large white box materialised and you followed Daisy into it. But the thoughts of everyone down on the streets below started to become more intense. You started to feel lightheaded as the module took off. You felt yourself starting to fall backwards but someone caught you just in time and placed you on the small bed. "Hey, hey, hey, hang on okay? Just focus on my voice." you heard Daisy say faintly.The pulsing sound grew louder and louder though, but just as you were at brewing point you felt a comforting arm around your shoulders. The voices in your head calmed down and you felt a slight sense of peace.

She held you tight as you got ahold of your own head. But it was too much, you broke down in her arms. Sobbing into her jacket. "There is something very wrong with me." you mumbled hysterically. "No." Daisy replied "You're just different now. But we'll work it out, I promise."