Tit Punch

Jenson looked up when Chapman came into the room for orientation.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," Chapman told the guard.

"Sit down," The guard ordered.

Chapman noticed the seat between Jenson and another inmate. She moved to sit in the back.

Jenson raised an eyebrow as she looked at the woman next to her.

"I don't bite," The woman replied.

Jenson shrugged and moved next to her.

The guard started the orientation video.

"Hi." A woman said in the video, "Welcome to the Federal Department of Corrections, where we strive to maintain facilities that are secure, humane, and cost-effective. Night school classes are offered three nights a week. There are a variety of recreational activities available and clinical visits are offered at the inmates' request. But enough about policy. Let's get to the important stuff,"

***

"This is a piece of copper pipe." A guard with a pornstach explained to the ladies, "And it was taken from the laundry room. It's hard. This was used to break two ribs. It could also be used to crack your skull...break your knee, and muss up your makeup. Amongst other things,"

"I think he's getting hard right now," Jenson whispered, earning a chuckle from the woman with black hair next to her.

***

"Suicidal thoughts will come. Frequently. Some days, it'll feel like there are no other thoughts. Do it, they'll say. End it. Come on,"

***

"You'll be assigned bunks soon. The uniform issue is next week. State your correct size on the form. No baggy hip-hop pants,"

Jenson looked up as she realized he was looking at her.

"Yes, I'm looking at you,"

***

"Plastic toothbrush with a razor-blade melted right into it," The pornstach guard chuckled as he mocked slitting his throat with it. "Yeah, probably shouldn't have shown you that one. The women who made and used these items are now in the SHU or down at the max facility...with added sentences. Their lives are basically over,"

***

"Hello, ladies. I am Natalie Figueroa. I am the Executive Assistant to the warden. I try and visit often. If you have any concerns, specifically regarding your needs as women, please come to me. I will handle them personally,"

"Yeah, she will," The woman next to Jenson mused.

One of the women that Jenson came in with raised her hand. "I had a question, actually,"

"Today, I'm only here as a formality," Natalie replied.

***

"Rough morning?"

"Something like that," Chapman replied as she took a seat.

"We should've warned you about Red," Lorna admitted.

"Well, I just didn't expect to be punished while I was getting punished,"

"You gotta fix that. Make it right,"

"How?"

"I find it best to confront things head-on,"

"Know what? I'm just gonna apologize," Chapman declared. "I'm just gonna very sincerely apologize. People make mistakes. People say stupid things all the time," she looked over at Jenson, who merely messed around with her food, not wanting to make eye contact with the blonde. "She's gotta understand that, right?"

***

"Gaga got some nice legs," An inmate said.

Another inmate reached into the ice machine and saw an ice cream cone inside. "What the fuck is this?"

"Oh, it's my treat I'm savin'. Just leave it,"

"Leave it? Fuck leave it. You can't put your sticky ice cream shit in here,"

"It ain't just an ice cream. It's a King Cone,"

Jenson walked in as the two women began to fight. She flinched when the ice cream cone hit her in the face, splattering her with the chocolate.

The other inmates crowded around to try and separate the duo.

The guards hurried in once they were pulled apart.

"Please tell me y'all ain't fighting over ice cream," A guard argued.

"King Cone," Taystee corrected.

"You okay?"

Jenson turned to see the woman with black hair looking at her. "Fine,"

"Come on; we should probably clean that up,"

Jenson pulled away from the woman. "I don't need your help!"