Chapter 25- The Truth Comes Out

Start from the beginning

Rafe looked at me, a thin line creeping up on his lips, he looked away, I could tell he was still thinking about what I had said. "Did you ever go to Disneyland?" he asked me, I chuckled, surprised by the way he totally changed the subject. 

"No, but it's fine," I said and he smiled at me. 

We finally arrived at the police station. He got out of the car quickly and opened the door for me. I smiled and got butterflies all over again, my Rafe was back. 

I stepped out and started to walk towards the station but he firmly stood in front of me and hugged me. "I'm sorry for being rude." He said to me, his chin positioned on my head. "It's fine, you weren't." I said to him. "Yes, I was. But I'm sorry, really sorry," he said to me. "Rafe stop, you weren't rude. You have nothing to apologize about. I love you." I said and looked up at him. He smiled at him and took my chin, pulling our lips close to one another. He kissed me delicately, his soft lips touched mine and sparks flew in my heart. 

Whenever our bodies touched, it was something electric, giving me the strength to do anything. As long as he was there with me. 

We pulled away and jogged over to the police station's doors. We walked in and an officer asked us what we were doing there. It was odd to see a six-teen-year-old and a nine-teen-year-old in a police station at six a.m. 

"We're here to bail some people out," Rafe said casually and I smiled, trying so hard not to laugh. I don't know why I found this funny. 

"Can I get their names please?" The officer asked us. 

"Topper Thorton, Sarah Cameron, John B Routledge, Kiara Carrera, Jj Maybank, and Pope Heyward." I said to him. 

"Ok, the bail for all of them combined will be 7450, dollars. Topper Thorton committed assault, Jj Maybank committed damage to private property, Pope Heyward and John B Routledge committed assault but to a lower level as it can be addressed as self-defense. Sarah Cameron and Kiara Carrera face the charge of being on the scene of a crime, the bail is minor for that and their criminal records won't be faced, meanwhile, the rest will. What is your relation with the convicts?" I swallowed my saliva at the way he called them convicts, it felt so real. I was stunned to hear the crimes they had committed, I tried to put the pieces together but failed.

"He's Sarah Cameron's brother and we're friends with the rest," I said and Rafe looked at me funny. "I am not friends with them," he whispered in my ear and softly punched his arm. 

"Okay, do you want to make the payment together or separately?" the officer asked the two of us. "Separate," I said, and at the same time, Rafe said "Together," I looked at him with a frown. 

"I'll pay for all," Rafe said to the officer and he nodded. "What no Rafe they're my friends." I said to him. 

"Can we have a minute please," I asked the officer and he nodded. 

"Lillian, Topper is my best friend, Sarah is my sister, the rest are your friends and you're my girlfriend so I'm paying." Rafe said and I looked at him like I didn't know him. "Rafe? You there? They're the pogues? Jj is part of them? " I said trying to bring Rafe back to earth. 

"I know Lil, but I don't want you to pay for your stupid friends. My only condition is that you don't tell them I paid." Rafe said. "Rafe, I can pay, I have the money." I said. "And I don't want you spending it on Jj," Rafe said. "Wait, would you be so jealous of me bailing Jj out that you would do so yourself?" I asked Rafe and started laughing. "Maybe," he shrugged. I laughed really loudly, and the officer coughed, "I don't have all day guys," he said and I stopped laughing immediately. 

"I'm paying," Rafe said and I smiled at him, wow. Rafe was being SO kind. The Rafe I used to know would never spend a dime on the pogues. But he did, for me. I didn't need him to, but I knew he wanted to, for a reason deeper than jealousy, for a reason deeper than him being a man and me being a woman. 

"You said that their criminal records would be faced?" I asked and the officer nodded. "Is there any way to prevent that?" I asked and Rafe and the officer both looked at me confused. "No, sorry," he told me and I shrug. Pope cared about school more than anyone I knew, he and I had always been the smart ones in the friend group. Pope had the dream to get into Harvard, he knew it was a long shot but he had the grades and the curriculum to get a full ride. A criminal record would not help his chances. It would break his dreams into a million pieces. I knew whatever had happened wasn't his fault, I knew he would never start anything. I didn't want his dreams to get ruined just because of Jj or Topper. I knew they were the ones to blame. I pulled out some cash from my wallet, about a thousand dollars. 

"No way?" I asked while I showed him the money. He looked at the money as if it was gold, Rafe meanwhile observed the scene with an open mouth.

_____________________

"What the hell happened?" I yelled at my friends who had just exited their cells. "Frosty here came to the Chateau and started fighting me, someone called the cops on us and here we are," Jj said to me. 

I looked at Jj with a face that didn't buy the story. "What?" Jj asked me. "She doesn't believe your bullshit Jj," Topper yelled and Jj scoffed. 

"Jj here sunk the Malibu," Topper said to me. I looked at Jj with disgusted eyes. "What the fuck Jj," I yelled. 

"It was only because Frosty and your psycho boyfriend assaulted me," Jj said calmly. "So you did it?" I said looking at him deeply in the eyes. "Yes," He shrug, this time the smile was wiped off his face. 

"Why do you think we beat you up huh," Rafe said madly to Jj. "Because you hate me," Jj said to them. 

"Or maybe it's because you said that once Rafe breaks Lillian's heart you would and I quote 'fuck her so hard she'll finally feel pleasure'" Topper said and I looked at him dumbfounded. 

"What?" I said quietly, hoping he was lying. 

"Topper," Rafe said. 

Jj looked at me with guilty eyes and the pogues all looked shocked. 

"You said what?" I yelled at Jj, understanding that Topper had just said the truth.

Notes from the Author: 

Heyyyy! First of all I need to thank you guys for 3k reads!! you guys really make my day with all the comments, votes or simply by reading so THANK YOU! 

With that said thank you so much for reading!!! Please vote or comment if you want to!! Sorry for the late update btw I just got busy. 

Shit's about to happen🤭🤭

Love you all so much!! X!