The Pendant of Beginnings Part #1

Start from the beginning

Pokédex: Machop.

I always keep my Rotom Phone on me just in case I encounter a Pokémon I don't recognize.

Pokédex: The Superpower Pokémon, a Fighting type. Machops' whole body is composed of muscles. Even though it's the size of a human child, it can hurl 100 grown-ups.

Machop is a humanoid, bipedal Pokémon that has blue-gray skin. It has three brown ridges on top of its head, large red eyes, and a relatively flat face. On either side of its chest are three, thin, rib-like stripes. Its feet appear to have no toes, while its hands have five fingers. Machop also has a short, stubby tail.

It kindly offers to put Liko's bag inside the bus which Liko accepts, quickly returns, and takes my bags as well

It kindly offers to put Liko's bag inside the bus which Liko accepts, quickly returns, and takes my bags as well. Liko and I thank the little Pokémon and climb aboard sitting next to each other and enjoying each other's mutual company.

I've always been into Pokémon and that's what brought me all the way here... I think.

Although I'm not so sure what Liko's dad sees in me to send me with Liko. She's always been the smarter of the two of us and even though I do like Pokémon battling there are people tens of thousands folds ahead of me.

(Y/N): Hey, I... had a question.

She looked at me with a curious gaze.

Liko: Yes?

I looked out the window not too sure how to phrase this question.

(Y/N): Why? Why me?

She looked at me, her eyes almost scanning me like I was a chess piece that she would examine time and time again before making her move. Liko's very intelligent but shy and has a really hard time expressing herself. Maybe I just answered my own question. Perhaps it was due to the fact that Liko was able to express herself to me more easily than most.

Liko: B-Because... I trust you...

We drove past a nature reserve and were able to take pictures of some of the Pokémon for future reference. This was both our first time in the Kanto Region and we were simply stunned. Like, I had found it hard to visualize that amount of Pokémon simply here.

~*~*~

We stood in front of the gates of the Indigo Academy as I nudged Liko.

(Y/N): Well, school isn't going to grab us itself.

She gets a determined look and follows me inside. A bit later I found my room conveniently next to Liko's rooms 304 and 303 respectively. Liko and I nodded to each other and entered the room. My roomie seemed to have left the room pretty much pixel-perfect, Liko, however, didn't seem as lucky. She backed out of the room and so did I after placing my bag on the bedside cabinet.

(Y/N): What's wrong?

She looked at me as if it was the strangest thing in the world.

Liko: There... was someone in there...