Chapter 5: Her world rocker...the chase is on!

Dean Broody vs. Kayla Cooper

Pix of the sexy Cole, acted by Ian Somerhalder.

Vid - If I Let You Go... by Westlife

Enjoy!

***

"Fuck!" Dean swore and threw the bunched up drawing sheet angrily across the room.

"Wow, wow! Someone is in a bad mood." Josh Broody, Dean's eldest brother drawled from the doorway, looking at the number of bunched up drawing paper scattered across the room. "What crawled up your arse, little bro?"

"Nothing." Dean muttered rising up from behind his huge desk to meet his brother in the middle of the room, with his hand stretched out to take the envelope his brother was holding.

"Nothing my arse." Josh said taking in Dean's dark expression. "You have a problem, you talk to me kiddo. Now let's hear it?" Josh said, throwing the envelope onto the closest table and folding his arms across his broad chest.

Dean stared at his big brother and sighed. As the eldest brother, Josh took his duties to another level, always making sure he helped his siblings solve whatever problems they had. And Dean would be the first person to acknowledge that Josh always made sure problems go away. If it wasn't for Josh and his penchant for solving problems, Dean didn't know where he would be right now.

Dean signed and run his fingers through his hair in frustration. Then he looked up at Josh with so much worry and confusion in his eyes, his big brother just drew him into his arms, holding him tight. Dean sighed and relaxed into Josh's embrace, allowing all the tension of the past weeks to drain out of him...even if it was for some few minutes.

After a while Dean stepped back from Josh muttering, "thanks, I needed that."

"Welcome. Now are you going to tell me what the problem is?" Josh asked, looking at his brother.

"Where's Jake's drawin..."

"Jake's drawing can wait. Come and sit down and talk to me Dean." Josh said moving to sit in the plush couch at the seating area of Dean's insanely huge office.

Dean actually needed the space for the type of work that he did. The office was so uniquely well-designed that anyone who walked into it appreciated the skill and planning that had been put into it. Besides the elegant seating area, there was another desk where he did his manual drawings and sketches whenever he felt like it. He however used his main desk more often as most of the time, he used his computer to design and create technical drawings. There was a well-stocked bar, and a 102-inch screen projected on the wall, that was currently showing a documentary on the National Geographic channel.

Dean fell into the couch beside his brother with a groan. "Josh really, it's nothing you have to worry yourself over."

"Let me be the judge of that kiddo. Besides, your face shows whatever it is, is really eating you up. Let's hear it."

"It's about a girl." Dean murmured.

"What?" Josh bellowed, making Dean wince. "You're mooning over a girl?"

"It's not like that. I'm jus..."

"Who are you? And what the fuck have you done with my brother?"

"Fuck off Josh." Dean gave Josh an angry look.

"Sorry bro, but put yourself in my shoes. You? Having female trouble? No!" Josh finished, shaking his head.

"I'm crazy about her Josh." Dean muttered.