important decision

Start from the beginning

Everyone started making growling noises. I know few of the people will come there for timepass because just after that we have sir dard aka maths sir ka lecture. I wonder why Anand sir called me.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

“ Sir, you called me? ” I approached Anand sir, fixing my tie. " Yes. Ishan I have a certain news for you. Follow me” I followed him to his cabin on the ground.
He took me inside, there was one man in his 40s or 50s who knows, all I know that he is buddha, was sitting in the chair.
His face was glued to local newspaper after he felt our presence around he looked up at me.

“ Ishan, Meet him. He's Ramesh Rawat the selector of state level cricket players.”
Ohh, now I understood.

“ Hello sir ” I said awkwardly. I don't known what else to say,
This is not some sort of job interview where I say my pros and cons. I'll have to prove myself best right now.

" Ishan, He saw you playing for our school in the district cricket competition. He wants to talk to you about something”
I was excited now, something from the DCC saw me play. Hope the news is good.

" I would like to have a word with him privately " He said to Anand Sir. He was taken aback by the sudden response of Mr. Rawat. He didn't question much but went out making a slight thud on the door. Rawat sighed when he was gone and looked back at me.
“ sit down beta ” I awkwardly sat on the stool.

“ Are you 100% sure you want to pursue cricket? ” he looked directly into my eyes. He was searching for real answers.
The faces of my family popped up in my head. I instantly told him what difficulty I am facing,
“ If I am being honest. Yes, I want to pursue cricket.
But, my Dad... ” I paused for a while,
“ my Dad.. Our financial condition is very weak. My brother wants to be a cricketer too. Few days ago he clearly told us, either one of us will choose a career in this field. Another one will complete their studies.
If I am being honest, my father is a genuine man, he does every thing to fulfill our dreams, but he raised his hands onto this one. We don't blame him though, we brothers understand what he is going through”

I told him everything. Part of me was tearing up looking at my dad struggling hard to meet the ends and other part of me wanted to do everything I could to give him a relaxed life.
My only aim in life is to hug my dad and tell him now you can relax Papa, I did it I know I am not capable of it.

Rawat sir looked at me sparely for a second, he did not say a word after I was done. He was processing it all.
He nodded his head and said,
“ Hmm.. I understand your problem Ishan. It's upon you to choose, Cricket Or studies.... ”

“ I need your answer within 2 days boy. I can't wait anymore.
Have you heard the news about the conflict between BCCI and Bihar” I nodded my head in response,

Bihar state violated code of conduct that BCCI put forth.
After 3 warnings, they did it fourth time this year.
Bihar state cricket association is banned, and all the aspiring cricketers like me are losing hope, if we will ever get a chance to represent our state in state level competition. But I am not giving up, there's always a solution to the problem, I'll search for it. Or maybe it is sitting in front of me....

“ The cricket club in Jharkhand is very weak Ishan, they need strong team. Talk with your family about this, convince them if they don't agree and tell me after 2 days what you have decided. I can make your slots arranged there, because I am the selector. You'll have to travel through train for your practice.
Please think about it ” he patted my back and left.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~

“ Papa i want to talk to you about something” I told dad as he sat down to eat on the floor.
I looked over at my brother,
He was waiting for me to start. I
Haven't told him anything yet,
Mom was making Paratha, she didn't pay much attention. I hope she chooses my side if dad doesn't agree. Another thing that is haunting me is not just the decision of dad, but it will also affect my bhaiya.