Chapter 4

♡George pov♡

The majority of the hockey boys were here for their practice. I still had 5 minutes left. My ankle is killing me.

"Do the jump you struggled with." Coach demanded.

I nodded and got a good fast start. I jumped and did 4 spins, landing on one leg. I looked over. Coach still looked disappointed, but the hockey boys started clapping. I felt a smile tug at my lips a bit. I skated over to Coach and leaned against the wall.

"You need to put your other leg up as soon as you land." He told me.

"But wouldn't that -"

"George, I'm telling you what to do, so do it." He stated.

"That's gonna throw my balance off, though." I said softly.

"Well, maybe you should practice more." He mumbled.

"I've been here for eight hours." I told him.

"Then make it ten. You fucking need it." He spat.

He gathered his things and walked through the glass door. I pushed open the smaller door and sat down on the bench.

All I want is some kind of praise from him or my parents. That's all. One compliment.

"Hey, don't sweat it, man. All of us think you did great." The boy sitting closest to me said.

"Thanks." I replied.

I began untying my skates. I slid both of them off. I looked down at my ankle.

"Holy shit George." I heard Clay say.

He came over and sat by me.

"What?" I asked.

"Your ankle is swollen to hell." He said.

"Have you been skating on that all day?" Another blonde asked.

I nodded. A lot of the boys winced at my confirmation. A female coach walked through the door.

"Hello, George." She greeted.

I gave her a small nod. Her eyes averted to my ankle.

"Jesus!" She exclaimed.

They must be overreacting. They can't care this much.

"Is your coach letting you skate on that?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Someone help him up. We're going to the nurses station, and I'm having a word with your coach after this." She said.

"I can help you." Clay offered.

I nodded. The other blonde grabbed my skates from off the ground. Clay helped me up. My right foot touched the ground, and I felt my eyes water. It hurts so fucking bad.

"Let me just carry you." He stated.

"I'm too -"

I cut myself off. That could've gone horrible.

"Okay." I mumbled.

He carefully picked me up bridal style. The other blonde went in front of us and pushed open the glass door. We went up the stairs and into another room. Clay set me down in a chair.

"Oh my god. Let me see your hands." Their coach said.

I turned my hands over so they were palm up. They were torn apart and blistered.

"You do know this is neglectful behavior, right? As your coach, he's supposed to take care of injuries." She told me.

"It's no big deal. It doesn't hurt that bad." I replied.