2 - Reunite with the 'Lantern Boy'

Start from the beginning

Gemini let out a sigh and retrieved the tablet from Hana's hands. Although he had never been interested in BL series before, this particular one was different. As he gazed at the screen, the handsome and familiar face of the boy he had encountered last night captivated his attention. With a sense of intrigue, he turned to Hana, knowing her enthusiasm for BL.

"Are you familiar with the main actors in this series?"

Hana's eyes sparkled with enthusiasm as she practically leaned forward to share her wealth of knowledge, a delighted smile stretching across her lips. "Oh, absolutely! The main actors are none other than P' Fourth and Ai' Arthid. They're these incredible young talents who skyrocketed to fame after their fantastic chemistry as partners in the series." As she spoke, a flicker of disdain passed over her expression when she mentioned Arthid's name, a clear contrast to her excitement.

"Something happened between them, right?" Gemini's inquiry held a hint of vulnerability as he delved deeper into the topic. Ever since he had returned home last night, he had searched up Fourth Nattawat's name, only to be bombarded by a deluge of hurtful and even vile comments aimed at his 'Lantern Boy'. The surge of anger he had experienced had nearly driven him to the point of hurling the tablet against the wall.

Hana's demeanor shifted, her smile fading as a tinge of sadness crept in. She let out a sigh, her expression becoming more somber. "Yes," she admitted with a hint of disappointment. "About a week ago, there was a rumor circulating about P' Fourth, my favorite idol. Second only to my P', of course."

Gemini leaned forward, his curiosity piqued as Hana continued. "The rumor claimed that Fourth was involved in some conflict with his co-actor, Ai' Arthid. Supposedly, it escalated to the point where Fourth drugged him and got him removed from a filming project."

A mixture of concern and anger crossed Gemini's features. He wholeheartedly believed that his 'Lantern Boy' would never engage in such behavior, despite only meeting him once last night. Still, he felt compelled to ask Hana, considering her knack for being up-to-date with celebrity gossip. Given that he was a prominent star and she served as his personal assistant, she had access to reliable sources to discern the truth.

"So do you think that true?" 

Hana's immediate reaction was startling, the loud thud of the smashed coffee table echoing in the room. Gemini's surprise was evident as he watched the display of Hana's anger, understanding the depth of her genuine outrage.

"Of course, it's not true," Hana's voice held a resolute determination as she defended her idol. Her words were a staunch shield against the malicious accusations. "It's a vile and meticulously planned scheme to tarnish P' Fourth's reputation."

Gemini's eyes glinted with a dangerous intent. If he intended to protect his 'Lantern Boy', he needed to unmask his adversaries. "Who's behind this scheme?" he inquired, his voice carrying a weight of seriousness.

Hana's gaze flickered around as she whispered her response, "Several people. First and foremost, do you remember David? The CEO of Euphoria Studios?"

Gemini's memory jogged, recalling the image of an older, balding man. He had encountered David during various entertainment industry events. An aura of unsavory desire had surrounded the man, particularly when it came to young and handsome individuals. Gemini shuddered as he recalled the way David had looked at him during those occasions, a gaze filled with unsettling longing. However, David had seemingly refrained from pursuing anything further, aware that Gemini wasn't the sort of individual a fledgling entertainment company's CEO dared to trifle with.

"That old, obese man?" Gemini's lips curled in distaste. Memories of David's digusting gazes were not easily forgotten.

Hana's voice dropped even lower, a tone pregnant with secrecy. "Yes, him. Rumors suggest that he holds a grudge against P' Fourth, an actor under his studio, for rejecting his advances. So he's believed to be the mastermind behind this scheme."