Trouble With The City Watch

Start from the beginning

"I have every confidence the brave men of the Night's Watch will protect us all."

Everyone but Tyrion left.

"Have they not found out how or why Ser Lorch was in the Princess' chambers?" He asked his sister, causing her to turn back.

"No," Cersei responded shortly.

"A shame." He responded. "And quite frightening. We have no idea why he was inside or who killed him. If he was the intended target."

"Aelinor has been moved to chambers closer to mine. She will be fine."

"So I hope."

His sister sent him one last glare, before turning and finally exiting.

[King's Landing - Private Dining Room]

Tyrion sat at a table with Janos Slynt, the Commander of the City Watch (and baby killer).

"More wine?" Podrick, Tyrion's new squire, asked.

He began pouring Janos a glass of wine when he accidentally spilled some.

"Damn it, boy!" Janos shouted.

"Apologies, my lord."

"Leave us, Podrick. I believe we know how to pour our own wine."

"Is that your new squire? Could have found you a proper lad." Janos said as Podrick left.

"Myself, I prefer the improper ones."

"Hmm, that's a good red. Dornish?"

"You know your wines, my lord."

"That I do. A fine dinner, my lord."

"Call me Tyrion, please. I'm sure you're getting used to fine dinners, now that you're a lord."

"Maybe I'll hire this cook of yours." Janos joked.

"Wars have been started for less."

They both laughed and Janos sipped his wine.

"I heard there was some trouble in Littlefinger's brothel the other night."

"Hmm. Nasty business, had to be done."

"Yes, of course. City Watch must keep the peace. Only, I hadn't realized peace depended on killing babies."

"Orders are orders." Janos replied.

"Quite right. Especially the queen's orders."

"I nevr said they were the queen's orders."

"No, but who else would want to murder King Robert's bastards? She's alwys been a jealous woman."

"You know your sister better than I do."

"You've heard the awful rumors about my brother and sister."

"I don't listen to filth."

"That's good of you, but you have heard them. I suppose people who do believe that filth, consider Robert's bastards to be better claimants to the throne than Cersei's children."