"Abel?"

"You guys go, I need to talk to dad. I'll meet up with you in Massa."

"What – no! No." I shake my head stubbornly while he stops me from exiting the car. "What if he hurts you? You can't stay here Abel, you need to come with us."

"Noah, keep her safe yeah?" He smiles down at me when I refuse to let go of his hand. "Faye –"

"Please Abel." My voice wavers and more tears that I didn't know I had in me slip down my cheeks. "I can't – please come with me."

"I'll sort everything out, make it all okay. Dad won't hurt you again." He vows and I can only tighten my hold on him.

"I'm fine now though. You don't need to do this."

"I do and this has been a long-time coming Faye." He kisses my forehead before backing away. "I promise that nothing will happen to me. I'll see you soon. Take her away Noah."

Before I can say anything more Noah drives off and I can only watch Abel's figure shrinking in the mirror.

***

Sometime later I'm woken up by the sensation of being moved and my eyelids flutter open to find Noah pulling me against him while he's still asleep. He mumbles my name before sighing contently when I run my fingers through his hair. I use the time to admire him as my gaze roams over his cute freckles, his long and dark eyelashes that I'm envious of and his kissable dimple.

Noah had told me to sleep once we had driven off and surprisingly my mind that had been running in overdrive had no problem succumbing to dreamland. The only time I woke up was when we stopped at this hotel. Abel has been keeping Noah updated and told him not to take any flights out since dad's men are still after us.

Thankfully Noah had grabbed some of my clothes for me so I'm currently dressed in a t-shirt and shorts. I lift my leg over his hip and feel his hand automatically slide down to the back of my thigh. He cuddles even closer to me when I wrap my arm around his waist, peppering soft kisses from his neck all the way up to lips. A husky groan escapes him as he slowly flips me onto my back before resting his head on my chest, widening my legs so that he can lay in between them. I watch his eyelids flutter before light green clashes with dark brown.

"Hi gorgeous." I whisper and watch as he smiles sleepily.

"Hey sweetheart." He mumbles before shutting his eyes again with a sigh. "What time is it?"

"Five thirty." I reply after a quick glance to the digital clock on the dresser. "We should get up."

Noah only grumbles and holds me tighter in response. We're supposed to be out of here by six thirty to head to New York. Noah told me last night that he had planned to invite me as his date to Zoe and her husband's anniversary which they were throwing a party for and now with recent events he thinks it's a good idea to speak to Hunter if I want to act on what happened. After a lot of convincing on his part I finally agreed.

Apparently his whole family will be attending and Noah asked if he could introduce me as his girlfriend which I said yes to. I still get nervous the more I think about it but quickly distract myself by running my fingers through his soft hair as he snores quietly. The past twenty-four hours have been hectic to say the least and I haven't had time to process it fully. On top of that I've been an anxious mess repeatedly checking my phone for any messages or calls from Abel who only stated that he's fine and that he got a handle on things last night.