Coach roars at us to get it together which makes me grin as I assist Mariah in scoring. I hear Abel scream out a curse before he all but speeds across the pitch, successfully kicking the ball in our net. He does a little victory dance which makes me shake my head before we resume the game.

"Let's go!" I bellow as Faizal misses a shot only for Sarah to come through and get it in. "Keep pushing! Finish this cheeky motherfucker off!"

"What he said but directed to my team!" Abel yells which elicits laughter from everyone.

Eventually, with a few seconds to go, I score the last goal marking us as victorious. The crowd erupts into deafening cheers and hollers as I run across the pitch. Abel walks up to me with a grin as we fist bump and hug each other, complimenting the other on a good game.

"Only because it's your turf." He jokes which makes me laugh as the rest of the team catch up to us to celebrate.

"In that case I look forward to losing the day I visit you." I reply just as Coach Williams pulls me into a hug before embracing Abel.

I move through the massive crowd on the pitch congratulating us before finally finding Faye and the girls. She smiles brightly as I run towards her and lift her up, her hair falling around us like a curtain as she presses her lips against mine. She tastes like mint and her lips are soft as usual, her sweet perfume intoxicating me as I set her down.

"Congratulations." She murmurs shyly while the girls tease us.

"Thanks sweetheart." I reply with a kiss to her cheek before I turn to the rest.

We walk back over to the players as the crowd starts to disperse and I frown when I spot Evie chatting to Abel who doesn't seem the least bit interested. I watch him light up in excitement though when he notices Faye walking up and excuses himself, hugging his sister tightly while she complains about how he's sweaty. He laughs at that before she moves onto the rest of the team.

Eventually we head inside to take quick showers and while I'm waiting for everyone to change I text all the players about dinner plans this weekend as promised. Most of us have labs so drinking during the week is not ideal and Coach would no doubt kill us.

We find the girls waiting for us by the bleachers and together we make our way to the parking lot. Mia and Faye are a little ahead than the rest of us while I chat with the boys about the game. We're all too distracted and it's only when I hear Faye's scream that I look up to find Evie's friends have formed a circle. The girls waste no time in attacking back while me and Abel push through in time to see Evie bang Faye's head against the ground violently.

"Evie! What the fuck?!" I roar and yank her up, shoving her towards the boys. "Grab her!"

"Faye! Wake up!" I hear Abel swear frantically behind me and turn to find her unconscious. "Fuck! Does anyone have water?!"

"Here." I rush forward with a bottle and flick water droplets on her face. "Faye? Wake up, baby."

"Fucking bitch punched her a few times!" Abel seethes and I ignore Lilah screaming in the back, glancing briefly to see her slapping Evie while the guys try to separate the two.

I'm shaking with anger as I try to wake Faye up. It gets harder to breathe the longer she's out and I feel like the world is spinning but thankfully, with a few more drops of water her eyelids flutter to reveal those pretty dark eyes. The panic in my chest eases and my heart calms down as Abel helps her sit up and lean against him.

"We need to get her to a hospital." I mutter as I wipe away the blood seeping from her cheekbone. "Faye? Can you hear me okay sweetheart?"

She only winces and groans in response, her eyes straining as she tries to focus on everything around her. I move closer into her line of vision to find that she's a little dazed still. I ask her if she can see me clearly and she shakes her head, whimpering in pain as she clutches her head.