I stare at him unable to form words and my heart feels like it's going to burst. I lean forward and kiss him softly but the second I pull away he's tugging me right back and pinning his lips against mine passionately. My body feels like there's firecrackers going off and I've never felt happier. Why can't we stay like this forever?

"I don't know what I did to deserve you." I whisper as I caress his cheek. "But I'm so glad I found you."

He smiles boyishly and the tips of his ears turn pink before he catches me off guard by picking me up. "Have you eaten?"

"No."

He stops on his way to the kitchen and narrows his eyes suspiciously. "Did you eat at all today?"

I hesitate before shaking my head. "No. Just some snacks."

I can sense his displeasure but thankfully he understands. He presses a lingering kiss to my forehead before setting me down on the chair. I watch, still bundled up in my blanket, as he heats up some soup and makes toasties for me before working on a chicken curry for our actual dinner.

"Does Ryan study here? I've never seen him around you."

"That's because we don't want anything to do with each other and yes, he studies Chemistry."

"We can speak to Ryan about this then and have him help us break it off. You don't want each other so it shouldn't be a problem." Noah explains as he sets the food in front of me.

"He's not opposed to the partnership though and won't help at all. Trust me on this Noah."

"Then we'll do a trip to Vegas, get married and live happily ever after anywhere except Florida." He shrugs indifferently as he takes another bite. "Boom. Easy."

I roll my eyes yet I can't help but smile at his words. If only it were as easy as that. "Oh! My brother is coming to visit and should be here by tomorrow."

"Does he hate me too?" He groans as he runs a hand through his hair.

I shake my head with a small smile. "After the call with dad I didn't know who else to turn to so –"

"It's fine sweetheart, this is your place too. I'm only being dramatic." He winks before leaning over to kiss my forehead.

"Would it be okay for him to crash here or I can tell him to stay at a hotel?"

"No, he can stay here. Just don't be surprised if you find me unconscious one morning." He shrugs as he takes a sip of water. "At my funeral please shed a few tears and say nice things about me. That'd be real kind of you."

"After my brother killed you? Of course." I nod seriously. "I'm surprised I'd even be invited to be honest."

"I'm just a super nice guy like that. Even six feet under."

I only hum in response with a small smile before I notice the time. "Don't you return to practice today?"

"Shit!"

I gasp as I stand and take over the curry for him. "I'm so sorry Noah –"

"No. None of that." He stops me with a brush of his hand against mine. "You're more important...always."

I can only smile weakly in response before he rushes into his bedroom to get his gear and change. I turn back to the pot with a sigh and reassure myself that everything's going to be okay. Talking to both Abel and Noah about this has made me feel a lot lighter.

"I'll be back soon." He hugs me from behind and kisses my neck. "Will you call Lilah over? I don't want you dwelling on this and besides she wanted to have another movie night with you."