"She found pointy ears too! Look!" Lilah grabs them off the table to hand me one.

"Wow! These are cool!" I smile as I place it against my ear to see how they'd look. "What are the others dressing as?"

She hands me a drink telling me that we're starting early. I down it under her instructions but regret it when I wince straight after due to the burn. She hands me an apple juice box next with a sweet smile that I just shake my head at in amusement.

"Jess and Shane are going as Mister and Misses Smith. Cruz and Mia are dressing up as angels, he'll be a fallen angel." She explains as she works on giving me a foxy eye. "Last I heard Dakota is going to be Fred Flintstone."

"Aw, that's cute!" I exclaim before taking a sip of some sort of cocktail she's made. "Lilah, this is disgusting!"

"I hear he's seeing someone." She whispers, even though there's no need to, and takes a big gulp of the drink only to scrunch her nose in distaste.

"No way?!" My jaw drops in surprise purely because Dakota is the more private person of our group. "Where did you hear that?"

"Kane, who else? He knows shit about everyone!" She shakes her head with a smile. "So, don't be surprised if you see a Wilma right next to our little Fred."

"What's Kane going as?"

"Mister Incredible of course." She rolls her eyes playfully. "It was either that or a chicken."

"You're kidding?"

"I wish I were honey." She chuckles as she finishes up so that I can start on my hair. "I'm going to do my hair too but once I'm done could you do my makeup?"

"Sure, any ideas of what I could do for the eyes?"

She shows me a picture and we finish getting ready just as the sun goes down. She puts her heels on before turning to me with a pointed look. "You didn't ask about Noah."

"Because he's been rambling about going as Iron Man for the past week." I snort as she helps me with the fake fairy ears. "He's good friends with one of the guys from the hockey team who's going as Captain America."

"Sounds like they're made for each other." She snickers before we grab our bags. "Dakota's waiting downstairs so let's go. You've got everything?"

"Yep!" I reply as I lock the door before following her to the lift.

We make it downstairs to find Dakota climbing the steps and once he spots us he looks like a deer caught in headlights. He rushes up to us and hands us twenty bucks each before yanking Lilah's hand down when she starts waving at the girl in his car.

"What's her name?"

"Zara." He narrows his eyes at her before nodding at the money. "That's for you not to embarrass me tonight because we've only been on like two dates and I can't have you guys scaring her away."

"I would never!" She gasps before pinching his cheeks. "Our little baby's finally growing up!"

Even I fight the urge to smile when he blushes cutely. "I hate you. Faye, I know you won't do shit but the twenty bucks are to stop you from giving into Lilah's plans okay?"

"Don't worry Dakota." I laugh as I loop my arms through both of theirs and lead us down the steps. "You're going to be just fine and none of us will embarrass you."

"Thank you!" He whispers as he hugs me tightly before getting into the driver's seat.

He looks back at me knowingly from the window as I stop Lilah from opening the door. "Lilah...you forgot someone else."