Mom didn't start West Medical for money. She wanted to help people.

"Whatever you decide I'm with you." Abel snaps me out of my thoughts. "It's your life Faye, nobody else's. You call the shots."

"Yeah, I was initially just considering it for mom but now...I don't think she'd like this at all. I don't think she would ever support it." My voice trails off into a whisper towards the end as I trace patterns absently on my blanket.

"Facetime me later when you can okay? And either I'll try to come over soon for a weekend or you come down to New York. I haven't seen you in a while."

"I will. Love you Abe."

"Ew."

"Oh, fuck off!" I laugh as I wipe away a stray tear.

"You know I'm kidding. I love you too Fifi. Stay safe."

"You too. Bye." I whisper before he hangs up.

After contemplating on skipping my classes today I steel my nerves and get out of bed. The house is silent indicating that Noah's already left for college. After some time of living together we now have a good idea of each other's schedules. I get dressed quickly before grabbing a breakfast bar and leaving my dorm, almost tripping on the stairs on the way out of the building.

My first two classes are lectures followed by a lab. I look around to try and spot Lilah since we share this lab before texting her when she doesn't show and a guy sits next to me instead. I deflate a little when she replies telling me that she's ill and make a mental note to drop by her dorm later. My mood sours even further when my lecturer tells us that we'll be doing group work today with the person we're sitting beside. Damn you Lilah!

I turn and send the brunette and blue-eyed boy sitting beside me a small smile. "Hi, I'm Faye."

"Nice to meet you Faye. I'm Brody." He grins as we get up to grab the equipment. "I've never seen you in my classes before. Are you studying Biology then?"

"Yeah that's right." I nod before grabbing the papers from our lecturer, who is staring at me with narrowed eyes by the way, with a tight smile.

"Not a fan of Mister Maynard either huh?" Brody whispers once we're back at our bench.

"He genuinely hates me for no reason."

"That can't be true!" He snickers quietly.

"Speak of the devil. Watch." I mutter lowly when Maynard comes over and scolds me for doing a step wrong.

"Wow!" He exclaims albeit softly once Maynard has left. "What ever did you do to him?"

"Nothing! At least nothing I can think of." I shake my head with a defeated sigh. "Anyways are you from Massachusetts?"

He shakes his head before telling me that he grew up in Denmark before his mom moved them to the US because of her job. As we work we chat away and find that we have a lot of things in common. His dad is in the medical industry too and owns his own company whereas his mom is an architect. We like the same music and have the same hobbies so he's easy to talk to. I mostly ask him about his time in Denmark since I've never been there.

Eventually we finish our lab and I follow him out of the room. He turns to me, a little nervous, just as we've broken free from the crowd of students. "Do you want to go get some coffee and finish this lab report?"

"Sure." I smile and stifle a chuckle when he lights up in excitement.

He's cute but doesn't hold a candle to a certain housemate of mine. My smile falters and I mentally groan when my mind is flooded yet again with moments and images of Noah. I force myself to snap out of it because while I can't deny that a spark is there I know Noah is going to want to be in a different dorm next semester and all we'll ever be is friends.