"Faye! Wake up!"

"I'm sorry momma." I whisper as younger Faye cries her eyes out while the sirens wail in the distance. "Not a day goes by where I wish it were me instead."

"Faye!" The voice becomes desperate and I frown when everything starts to blur. I clench the seat unwilling to let go so soon. "Faye! Goddamit! Wake up!"

My eyes snap open and meet light green ones that I immediately recognize as Noah's. They're filled with concern and panic as he brushes away the pieces of hair stuck to my sweaty skin. My name escapes his in a soft, relieved murmur as his body relaxes slightly from hovering above me. I suddenly become aware of how loud and rushed my breathing is as I sit up slowly. Embarrassment seeps in as I realize I was having a nightmare and Noah ended up with a front row seat to it.

"You okay?" He whispers as he gently pulls the blanket off me.

I wince as I feel a drop of sweat trickle down my back. "Yeah...I'm sorry. Nightmare."

"Don't be sorry." He admonishes softly as he pours me a glass of water from the pitcher I keep on my bedside table. "Here."

I take small sips and feel myself calm down while Noah paces by the foot of my bed. It's only then that I notice what he's wearing, or the lack of clothes thereof, because all he has on are a pair of shorts. His bandage then reminds me that wearing a shirt to sleep would be annoying.

A frown tugs my lips downwards when I catch his eyes light up with anger and protectiveness. I start to worry about how much he might have heard because I tend to talk in my sleep too. Involuntarily I hold my breath as he turns to me but he must have seen something because in a split second he shoots me a small smile and the ferocity in his eyes dies down.

"I think a shower would help you relax. How about you take one while I make breakfast for us?" He steps forward and takes the glass from me, hand outstretched to help me out of bed.

"Yeah." I quietly reply as I accept it and he pulls me up. "Chocolate chip pancakes?"

He stares at me with a soft smile before nodding. "You got it boss."

I grin stupidly before hurrying over to my wardrobe and grabbing my clothes. Stepping under the spray once it's a suitable temperature I can't help but think back on my dream that was once a reality. I allow a few tears to slip out before forcing myself to toughen up and forget about it. Thankfully the realization that Noah should not be out of bed and especially not making me breakfast has me rushing to finish bathing and haphazardly throw my clothes on before I'm out the door.

"Noah?! I should be cooking –" I stop when I find him flipping a pancake high into the air. He has unfortunately changed into a t-shirt and sweatpants now.

"Relax Faye!" He laughs boyishly as he expertly flips it again just for show. "A couple scrapes and gashes won't kill me."

"Let me." I mutter as I step in front of him. I've learned not to completely burn pancakes in the time that I've known him. "You should be resting. You're skipping classes today yeah?"

"Well..."

"Noah, the doctor said to take it easy for a day or two. You can start from Monday."

"Fine." He grumbles and I can't resist the urge to smile as he takes the plate of pancakes off me with a sullen expression. "When I die of boredom though you'll only have yourself to blame."

I stiffen because his words hit close to home before forcing my body to relax. "You'll be fine you drama queen."

"Bring me more pancakes peasant!" My jaw drops and I turn around to find him cackling, so hard that he almost tips the stool over with how far he's leaning back. "Oh shit!"