Smut

Rating:
Explicit
Archive Warning:
Underage
Category:
M/M
Fandom:
Teen Wolf (TV)
Relationship:
Derek Hale/Stiles Stilinski
Additional Tags:
KnottingBarebackingFirst TimeVirginityPack feelings
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:2012-08-13Words:7958Chapters:1/1Comments:175Kudos:6837Bookmarks:1882Hits:151997
Shelter
five_ht

Summary:

After the rave, Stiles can't go home, and Derek doesn't want him to.
Notes:

Just a post-208 feelings-and-porn thing that somehow grew to nearly 8k, because my pack feels cannot be contained. (Also because knotting.)

Thanks to Yvi and Shane for the awesomeness, encouragement, and help.
(See the end of the work for other works inspired by this one.)

Work Text:

Stiles should go home.

He's supposed to be staying at Scott's tonight, but, well. He glances up from his close examination of his cuticles to find the front office of the vet clinic just as dark and still as before.

He's getting cold, but he can't even bring himself to get up off the hood of his Jeep to at least sit inside it. He's frozen here, and he's not sure why. Derek said he'd text him with word on Scott. Stiles doesn't need to be here. He thinks about texting Erica or Issac, just to make sure they got back okay. His last text from dad was two hours ago, informing Stiles that he was checking out the crime scene. Stiles hasn't answered. He has no idea what he's supposed to say to that.

The bell over the door chimes, and Stiles sits up straighter as Derek appears. His face is lit by the harsh, bare bulb on the wall, and he looks... shaken. He looks scared, and he doesn't even bother to slide the mask back on when he makes eye contact with Stiles. The incongruity of it all chills Stiles to his bones.

"Is he--" Stiles starts, but he chokes, swallowing around a lump he didn't know was in his throat.

"He's going to be fine," Derek says, hoarse, lower and less steady than usual. "He's sleeping. Doc is watching him. I'm... he told me to go home. Get some rest." Derek makes a move away from the door, but stops, as if Stiles is the one pinning him to the wall for once.

Stiles feels helpless. He feels like he should say something else, like Derek is waiting for something, so he casts around. "Uh, do you uh... You don't have your car. I can..." he pushes himself off the Jeep, digging in his pocket for his keys. He fumbles, though, because apparently he's shaking, and they clatter to the asphalt. "Need a ride home?" he finishes, weakly.

"Why are you still here?" Derek asks, and at least having his questions answered with questions is something Stiles is used to in this arrangement.

"Scott is--"

"I told you I'd text you," Derek says, sounding a lot more exhausted than he does annoyed. "It's not safe for you to be alone, Stiles." he holds up a hand when Stiles opens his mouth to protest. "For any of us. If you're out, you need to be with the pack. The kanima is still killing people, and you know how fast it is."

Stiles has a dozen comebacks, but they die on his tongue as the words -- and their tone -- start to sink in. He's never seen Derek even remotely concerned about anyone's safety, but maybe he's just too tired to hide it tonight. Stiles is self-aware enough to admit that it gives him a quiet little thrill to imagine Derek actually caring about him.

"I can't go home right now," Stiles says finally, knowing Derek won't ask why. For all his faults, Derek knows how to back off when it counts.

"Okay," Derek nods, walking towards Stiles and scooping his keys off the ground. "Get in."