Goodbyes to Daylight

Kyoudai's POV:

The night before Zero and I moved into the Moon Dorm, I had a dream of a memory of long ago..

**Flashback**

It was about a year after the incident with Sara Shirabuki. I was 14 and was busy reading a manga upstairs in my room.

Suddenly, I heard the front door open and I grinned. "Mom's home."

I was always excited when I saw my parents because I still thought they had excepted me even when I was becoming a vampire. But, that changed..

I ran down the steps and turned around the corner into the kitchen, where my Mom was unloading bags from the market.

She turned to me with a smile. "Oh, Kyou, can you put the food away? I accidentally got a papercut from this bag, I have to get a bandage from the bathroom."

I nodded and grinned again, I was so childish back then. I knew nothing of pain, even after that woman came. I thought I wouldn't become a vampire and I would be fine.

I started unpacking everything from the bags and then came across something on one of them.

A tiny red spot...

Then, all of a sudden, my throat burned and my heart-thumped continously. I fell to my knees and my mouth started hurt as well.

I felt tears fall from my cheeks from the pain.

"Kyou, Kyoudai?!? What's wrong sweetheart?!?" My mother shouted.

I closed my eyes and shook my head. I could feel them, I could feel them inside my mouth. It was a dark, disgusting feeling...

Long, sharp fangs..

My Mom lifted my chin up. "Show me, Kyoudai, open your mouth."

I clamped my lips tight and shook my head in protest.

"Kyoudai..." She warned and I loosened my lips. I felt her fingers force my mouth open and she gasped.

"Kyouryoku!"  My Mom shouted and immediately my Dad was standing beside her.

"What's wrong?!?" He asked and she pryed open my mouth again to show him. My Dad gasped then, frowned.

"Its started." He said. "Her body has started to transform and it usually starts at the first sight of blood."

And with those words, my perfect world shattered.

My eyes shot open and I gasped. Of all the things to dream about...

I sighed, and looked over to Zero. He was sleeping and I smiled, he looked so cute asleep. I layed back down and gently lifted his arm up. He stirred a bit but, he didn't wake up. Then I snuggled into his chest and layed his arm over my waist.

I gasped when he suddenly moved and his cheek rubbed against mine.

"Mmm," Zero murmured and I relaxed, laying my head against his chest.

************************************************

I frowned as I stared at the stranger in the mirror. 

I had just put on the Night Class uniform while turned away from the mirror but, I snuck a peak and couldn't stop staring at myself.

I heard a knock on the bathroom door. "Come in," I said, not turning away from my reflection.

"Oh my god!! You look so pretty, Kyou-Chan!" Hakumei shouted as she squeezed me tight.

My eyes narrowed. "All I did was put my uniform on."

She smiled. "I know but, now you seem like a vampire from the Night Class. Especially your hair, I mean, I always thought it was a weird style."

I rolled my eyes, my hair was sort of weird I guess. First off, it was bright white and I got it from my Mom. Then, it's down to my chin and layered. It also has a bunch of long strands in the back.

(Author's Note: The picture of her hair is the cover of "Zero & Kyoudai")

"I got really bothersome so, when I ran away from home, I chopped it of myself. But, it turned out kind've uneven." I explained. then, a knock at the door came again.

"Are you ready? We have to be at the Headmaster's office in 10 minutes, I already packed our stuff!" Zero shouted from outside the door.

I nodded to myself and opened the door. I gasped when I saw Zero in the Night Class uniform, although he wasn't wearing it properly as usual.

"Aww, Kiryu-Kun, you might even get fans now!" Hakumei exclaimed and Zero rolled his eyes. Then, he handed me my bag and I turned and hugged Hakumei.

"I'll see you when the gate opens tommorow." I said. The Day Class had already ended their classes for today and Zero and I got to skip the Night Classes for tonight because one of the students was going to fill us in on how things work.

Then, I pulled away and Hakumei smiled softly and walked out the door. Then, I dropped my bag on the floor and wrapped my arms around Zero.

"Thank you, for putting up with this. I know your only doing it because of me." I whispered and I felt his arms wind around my waist.

He laughed. "I know, I just....I will follow you, no matter what it takes or no matter what path you want to follow. Your the only one left that I truly care about, I don't want you to disappear either."

My eyes widened, Zero's cares about me that much?

"I won't ever leave your side, Zero." I whispered then pulled away. I picked my bag off of the ground and took Zero's hand.

"C'mon, we'll be late."

I dragged Zero along to the Headmaster's office, he was silent the whole way there which didn't bother me.

I love Zero, there's nothing else in this world I love more. No one can sepperate me from him, even in death, I will never leave his side.

I opened the door to the Headmaster's office and suddenly Zero froze.

"What-" I started to say but, then I met his gaze.

Yuki Kuran