Don't Lie To Eddie

Start from the beginning

"That's just him. Engorgio." He looked at me weird. "Well, he wasn't in a great mood that day."

"I noticed." I gave him a weird look. "He's not...he's treating you...sigh...he's not hurting you, is he?"

"Of course he's not! How dare you even think that!" I packed up my stuff and headed for the door.

"Mel, stop, I'm sorry. I'm only trying to look out for you."

"I can look after myself." I replied without turning to face him. My face would tell a different story than what my words were. I walked out the door and didn't look back.

As I got to the top of the stairs on the 7th floor, I started feeling light headed, so I stopped and leant against the cold stone wall for a moment.

What did I just do? Why did I lie? Should I have told Cedric the truth? No. I shouldn't have stormed out though either. What if I've lost him as a friend? He probably hates me. I really need to apologise.

Holly's POV

"Where do you think you're going, mudblood?" I heard as I started down the stairs to the dungeons. I knew who it was, so there was no way I was going to turn around to them.

"Mudblood." Said another one. They were following me down the stairs so I went as fast as I could to try and get away.

I got to the bottom of the stairs and was about to start running for it when I tripped on something and fell to the floor, my books going everywhere. I could hear them all laughing. "Nice one Neal." I heard Reuben say.

I didn't wait around to find out what way they wanted to try and torture me this time. I got up and grabbed my bag and books, but Mateus was already tearing the pages out of my astrology text book.

"What are you doing down here, mudblood?" Asked Neal.

Forget the book, I can get another from the library. I ignored Neal and started sprinting off to where I was supposed to be meeting Heather, but they were following me.

"Oi, mudblood, Neal asked you a question!" Shouted Reuben as I rounded the corner.

I could see Heather at the end of the corridor by the door that leads out to the lake. I sped up even more. I reached Heather pretty quickly, she looked very confused. "Why were you running?" She asked.

"I..was...." I panted as I turned to point at the Slytherin boys, but there was no one there. "I was....just trying to...get you...thought I was late." I lied as I looked at my watched.

"Whatever." She said rolling her eyes. "What do you want to do?"

"I want to hear about how you're finding Hogwarts, have you been to the owlery yet?"

"No."

"Okay well let's go there."

*

"Wow, I didn't know there were so many owls here." Said Heather looking all around her. The owlery is one of my favourite places at the castle. It's a circular room located at the top of the west tower of the castle. The room has no glass in the windows, so that the owls can freely fly in and out, and the stone walls are lined with, what I guess you would call, cubbies for the owls to rest in. The only downside to my favourite place is the floor. It is completely covered in straw, I guess it makes it easier for Filch to clean up all of the owl's mess. It's basically a toilet and a mouse graveyard.

"Most of them belong to the school I think, the rest belong to other students." I replied as I gave a treat to a jet-black sooty owl.

"Why didn't we get a pet?"