LCK Summer kicks off on June 7 with KT vs HLE matchup

- KT Rolster and Hanwha Life Esports face off in opening match- MSI competitors Genji and T1 have 'big bang' on final day of Week 1- Games five days a week for nine weeks of the regular season...followed by two weeks of POs and Finals

The 2023 LCK Summer Split kicks off on Wednesday, June 7, with the stage set for the selection of the Korean National Team to compete at the League of Legends World Championship in South Korea in 2023.

League of Legends Champions Korea (LCK), the Korean professional league for League of Legends (LoL) esports, today announced that the 2023 LCK Summer Split will kick off on Wednesday, June 7, with a matchup between KT Rolster and Hanwha Life eSports.

The LCK, which took a break after the Spring Grand Finals on April 9 at Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium in Seoul, will return for the Summer Split to crown a summer champion.

The regular league portion of the Summer Split will kick off on June 7 at 5 p.m. ET at LCK Arena, located at Roll Park in Jongno-gu, Seoul, with KT Rolster facing off against Hanwha Life Esports and DPLUS Gia against Reeb Sandbox.

MSI participants Genji and T1 will compete in Games 1 and 2 on Friday, respectively, with a showdown between the two teams scheduled for Sunday.

The regular league will run for nine weeks, with matches played five days a week from Wednesday through Sunday. Midweek games start at 5pm, while weekend games start at 3pm. The game before each Saturday is designated as the "Saturday Showdown". This system was introduced last spring to pit teams with storied histories against each other to keep fans interested and give them more to watch and more to talk about.

Unlike last spring, the playoffs will be compressed into two weeks. The first round, featuring the third through sixth place finishers in the regular season, will take place on Tuesday, Aug. 8 and Wednesday, Aug. 9, while the second round, featuring the first and second place finishers, will take place on Thursday, Aug. 10 and Friday, Aug. 11. The Upper Bracket Finals, pitting the winners of the two rounds against each other, will take place on Saturday, December 12, and the Lower Bracket Finals, pitting the losing teams against each other, will take place on Sunday, December 13.

The final semifinals and grand finals will be held on Saturday, August 19 and Sunday, August 20 at the Daejeon Convention Center 2 Exhibition Hall in Yuseong-gu, Daejeon.

The playoff schedule is more compact than last spring because of the Hangzhou Asian Games. The LCK rescheduled the playoffs to ensure that LoL's representatives at the Asian Games in Hangzhou, China, this September have enough time to practice.

Before finalizing the summer schedule, the LCK consulted with the Korea Esports Association's Performance Enhancement Committee, which has the authority to select national teams for LoL, and LoL national coach Kim Jung-gyun, as well as completed preliminary discussions with teams.

The 2023 LCK Summer Sprint is a chance to qualify for LoL's most prestigious stage, the World Championship. Even if a team doesn't perform well in the Spring, they can still qualify for the World Championship if they perform well in the Summer. What's more, this year's World Championship will be held on the home courts of Seoul and Busan, South Korea, so the 10 teams in the LCK will be competing for a spot. The LCK Representative Selection, which will determine the teams that will compete at the World Championship, will take place over three days from August 24-26.

"Winning the LCK Summer will secure a spot in the World Championship, so all teams are expected to fight to the death," said LCK Secretary General Lee Jung-hoon. "The second half of the year will be filled with top-level competitions that LoL eSports fans can't miss, including the Asian Games and the World Championship, so we ask for your interest and support."

카지노사이트