Good Advice

Depuis le début

Mike shook his head. "Not really. He looked kinda sick, so I didn't want to bother him. I would've said something..." It was a lie. Mike wasn't sure how to go about the Will situation so he was glad he had an excuse not to talk to him at the moment.

"Oh, right. He told me he had a headache. He looked tired. Bet he stayed up late."

Mike raised an eyebrow. "Why would he stay up late? He went over to the motel fairly early last night."

"Well, may I remind you, Will's got a boyfriend, and sometimes when two people love each other very-"

"Oh my god, Dustin." Mike scrunched up his face and threw a pillow at his friend. "You're horrible."

Dustin laughed. "I'm just saying."

"Yeah, well, never say again." Mike sighed, crossing his arms. He didn't like the thought of whatever Dustin was getting at one bit.

Dustin poked Mike's leg. "Hey, did I say something wrong?" he asked. "You're all mopey again now." He climbed up and sat next to him on the bed. "Seriously, what's wrong with Will and you? Has it got to do with... the boyfriend?"

Mike looked at Dustin, trying to figure out if he should tell or not. In the end, he decided it would be the best idea to just get it out there.

"Yeah. It does." He leaned back against the wall. "It's my fault, too. I'm an idiot."

"No you're not," said Dustin, a stern look. "What did you do?"

Mike sighed. "Well, let me get this out in the open first: I like Will. Like, maybe I love Will. Not as a friend." Well, now that was there. No going back. Hopefully, Dustin was okay with it.

Dustin nodded. "I feel like I called that one a long time ago."

Mike shoved him. "Liar. You had no idea."

"No really!" Dustin threw his hands up. "In middle school, I used to tell Lucas you acted like Will was your girlfriend. I guess I just called it."

"That doesn't make any sense."

Dustin shrugged. "Sure it does. Just continue your story."

"Okay, well, I just realized I liked Will a couple of days ago, but I didn't really talk to him at all while I was at Harvard or anything."

"Yeah, I didn't get any calls either. What's up with that? Too busy hanging with the preppy Harvard kids?"

Mike laughed. "Something like that. Can I talk?"

"Oh yeah, sorry I keep interrupting." Dustin scooted back, getting himself prepared for listening.

Mike exhaled. "You're fine. Anyways, I called Will on his birthday– Well, I didn't actually remember it was his birthday but I mentioned us being best friends and he said he didn't think we were best friends anymore."

Dustin's eyes widened. "You're kidding! Will said that? About you?"

Mike frowned. "Yeah. But I kinda get it. We didn't really talk much anymore. But we got here and he shows up with this... this... Brad and I don't know how you feel about Brad but I hate him."

Dustin laughed. "Yeah, I got that much. You guys are always glaring at each other. But I am curious what's wrong with him?"

"Everything. He's horrible to Will, have you noticed?"

Dustin thought for a second. "Not really, but I'm not really paying attention to them either. More stuck on the Upside Down problem at hand. But I can see Brad being a jerk, so it's not like I don't believe you."