Chapter Three

Atlas sat back in his chair, fingers steepled under his chin. He stared straight ahead, watching the man in the seat across from him quiver in fear. It was so potent, it made Atlas grin in carnal delight. If there was one thing Atlas did well, it was inspiring terror.

"So tell me why you decided to break your oath. Was it another pack? A higher position, perhaps? Or, was it because you're tired of everything I have given you?"

The man was shaking like a leaf. It's good to weed out the weak, Atlas decided. He was pissed off that he had a traitor in his clan, but it appeared that this traitor was nothing more than a coward. A good reason to tear him from the pack.

"Sir, I would never, ever-"

"Except you did. I have the proof right here. How much did you share with the Eridanus Clan?"

The man wouldn't meet Atlas's eyes. "Listen, they said they were going to kill me!"

Atlas stretched out his hand, and with precise control, let his claws punch through his finger tips one by one. "And now, I'm going to kill you."

The man gripped the chair, his knuckles turning white. "Please, Alpha. You don't need to do that-"

"Oh, I definitely do. But not before you tell me exactly what you shared. Was it our plans for this city? Or perhaps it was about our supplier. Maybe even the rogues. Any of this ringing a bell?"

The man squirmed anxiously in his seat. "They're looking for the Alpha's heir, alright? He's on the run, and there were rumors of him working closely with Bloom's Clan. I was telling them about our raids, and how we haven't come across him!"

Atlas stared at the man across his desk, drumming his claws against the wood. The man, he surmised, wasn't lying. Atlas scented the truth in his words, which was equal parts frustrating and relieving. It meant that their secrets were safe, for now.

"Rodrick doesn't have an heir."

The man shook his head. "I thought so too. I guess he hid his son, kept him far away from the clan. Had him train with rogues-"

Atlas stood up. "This isn't making sense. How old is the son? I would know if Rodrick had a child-"

"It wasn't a baby in union. The baby is a bastard."

Atlas didn't have time for rogue wolves to be sniffing around his clan, nevermind the Eridanus Clan trying to get in contact. Raised by rogues. What a joke. But not really his problem. Atlas had plenty of other things to worry about, specifically a certain dark haired girl who kept popping up in his life.

"You mean, our mate," Rufias added happily. "You weren't very kind to her at the restaurant."

"It's not happening, Rufias. She's human, and she's a pain in my ass. End of story." Atlas shut off the connection with his wolf for a moment, needing to figure out what he would do with the traitor across from him.

"Alright, let's get this over with. You're sentenced to death by the clan. If you make it out alive, as you know, you battle me. You should have never crossed me."

The man peed his pants, the rancid smell wafting in the room. "Alpha, please-"

"Now." Atlas used his alpha voice, forcing the man to his feet. He had no choice but to obey Atlas's command, walking stiffly to the door, tears running down his cheeks. He was shaking and hiccuping in fear, but Atlas had long cut out any empathy from his body. Having any weak feelings at all was a great way to be murdered.