9. lunch date pt.2 (half written)

Start from the beginning

minji spots yujin and wonyoung at a corner table, beside a large window, their heads bent close together as they enjoyed each other's company.

minji leaned down and whispered into haerin's ear, her voice low and husky, leaving a tingly feeling in haerin's stomach. "is it alright if i hold your hand?"

haerin nods silently, not trusting her voice because she might have squeaked if she talked. minji's hands enveloped haerin's smaller hands, her touch delicate, as they walked towards yujin and wonyoung.

'her hand is calloused,' haerin thought. 'probably from playing guitar—'

"you guys made it!" an energetic voice stops her train of thought. looking at yujin and wonyoung, both with welcoming grins on their face.

"hey lovebirds," minji replies back effortlessly, "hope we aren't interrupting anything."

"nah, don't worry about it." yujin laughs, dapping up minji as the latter reciprocates.

"sit down, we were just talking about what to order." wonyoung urges as she gestures towards the two empty seats in front of her and yujin.

before haerin could seat herself, minji beat her to it. pulling out a chair for her as her eyes formed their iconic crescent shape.

"after you." minji smiled softly.

'whoever minji dates for real is a lucky girl.'

"yujin! why didn't you do that for me!"

"wony baby, we're seated in the booth chairs." yujin laughs, which causes the rest of the table to follow suit.

a cute waitress, by the name of hanni, comes up to the table and hands them extra menus. "just ring me up whenever you guys are ready, wony!"

"thank you, hanni!" wonyoung beams at the short girl, who is off to help another table.

"hanni works here?" yujin questions.

wonyoung shrugs in response to the question, "yeah, this is her family's business." she pauses to look at the cake section, "take your menus and let's start ordering!"

☆⋆。𖦹°‧★

the group fell into natural conversation as they waited for their orders to come.

"so, when did you two start courting each other?" wonyoung asks, eager to get all the details.

"only recently." haerin smiles politely at the cheerleader.

"oh c'mon haerin, give me the juicy details!" wony pouts.

minji chuckles, unconsciously wrapping her arms around haerin's waist. "haerin made the first move."

'does she realize what she's doing right now?'

haerin turned towards minji with a light blush on her face, hitting her playfully, "liar!-" clearing her throat as she composed herself, "it was her, minji made the first move." she side eyes teasingly, wanting minji to curate the narrative for them.

minji laughs at haerin before expanding, "okay, yes, i made the first move." minji unwraps her arm from haerin's waist.

'wait no, put it back.'

using her fist, minji clears her throat, "i took her to a pottery class, since she's been begging to go again ever since a workshop in our senior year of highschool.

haerin remembers the pottery workshop, it was when she couldn't get the shape of the bowl right so she had to enlist minji's help, who ended up helping her throughout the entire process.