I finished in just the right amount of time, because as soon as I finished I heard Theo calling me asking me to come play blocks with him. The house was a bit messy from all of the playing the kids did this morning, but I'd rather give Theo attention. The house ends up looking like a tornado blew through it the day after I clean it anyways. Yesterday the house was presentable, and by this morning it was ruined.

I can't keep up with the endless cycle of cleaning.

Theo and I played blocks with each other creating castles and houses that he wanted, until he got bored and moved onto play doh. He sculpted different food items and pretended to serve them to me, and we did that until it was nearing the twins wake up time. We had to stop playing so I could go get the bottles ready.

"Can I wake Lia and Atti up?" Theo asked, stopping me in my tracks as I headed to their room. I waved him over and instantly his little legs were by my side. The twins were very excited to see us, and Theo entertained one while I changed the other.

After the babies were fed and the car was loaded up, we began the 10 minute drive to my parent's house. We listened to baby songs the entire way there, and Theo sang along to them to his siblings.

"Grandmas?!" Theo gasped when I pulled in the driveway and he instantly recognized where we were at.

"Yes!"

"But mom, my swim suit!" Theo frowned, looking down at his clothes, clarifying to himself that he was in fact not wearing a bathing suit.

"I packed your swim clothes, don't worry" I assured him and turned the car off.

Heading to Delia's side first since she hates the car, I unstrapped her from her car seat and held her on my side. Then I unclicked Theo's seat since I haven't taught him how to do it on his own yet in worry that he'll try and unlock it while I'm driving.

It's better if he stayed strapped in.

He climbed out of the car and followed me to Atticus's side and did the same thing to him that I just did with Lia. I had the diaper bag on my back, and handed Theo the pool bag to carry since I had ran out of arms. He followed me to the front door, dragging the bag alongside of him.

"Hey kiddos!" My dad answered the door enthusiastically greeting us as he did. Theo left the bag on the concrete and ran into his grandpa's arms excitedly. "Hey curls, whatcha been up to?"

"Noffin" Theo giggled and wrapped his arms around my dad's neck. "I go in the pool?"

"Yeah we can go in the pool" My dad answered and then grabbed the left behind pool bag to bring it inside. I followed him inside and set the babies down on the living room carpet to give my dad a hug and say hello.

My mom joined us giving curt hellos. Theo began to ramble on to her about something, and I briefly caught up with my dad. It's been over a month now since I've seen him. It wasn't long until I changed all the kids and I into our swim attire and we headed outside to dip in the pool.

The twins were sat in their pool floats, little hats on their head to block the sun from their eyes. Theo knew how to swim, Hudson and I taught him last summer, and he was good about staying on the shallow end. Unlike I who got right in the pool with the kids, my mom stayed sat on the steps with a cocktail in her hand. Dad didn't have the option of going in the pool yet since he was starting up the grill.

Theo of course showed off all his swimming abilities and how he wasn't scared to jump into the water all on his own. His curls were very damp and stuck to his forehead, his hair getting slightly long, but it was adorable.

"So kid, anything new going on?" My dad asked, his question directed at me.

If only he knew what I've been dealing with since last month.