the truth

-Sal's pov-

'that was interesting' i stood there for a second then turned and waited for the elevator when it finally did come, i rushed in and shoved the close button then the key card into its slot pressing the basement. walking passed chug with a little more than a hello walking into Larry and Lisa's apartment only to see Todd exiting Larry's room. "hey" "hey" we exchanged quick hello as i entered the space that was Larry's bedroom. "and what do i owe the pleaser of talking to?" Larry giggled. "do you know anything about the people in 404 dude" i asked sitting on the Bing bag chair. "sure dude why you asking wait have you met y/n is she hot? tell me? do you like her? are you friends? do you think she'll want to hang out soon?" Larry's words were running faster than i could catch them but i tried to answer regardless." yes I've met her, um i don't know the answers to the other question's really dude" Larry looked at me seriously trying to figure out if i was joking. "what do you mean you don't know if she was hot just tell me what he face looks like" problemo . i scratched my neck and sighed "i.. didn't ... i didn't see her face" Larry looked at me with the 'seriously' expression "what do you mean you didn't see her face?" i yawned "she .. she was wearing a mask" Larry gave me a questioning look "like yours?" he asked me . "no it was like um a fox mask you would have at a masquerade but why she wore it i don't know, i think she's hiding something i saw a gun on her coffee table but she moved a few seconds after i noticed it" i tried to explain "whoa man you think she's a masked killer hiding her identity from the cops" i thought then remembering the chat i had with Jonah. "i spoke with her little brother who said they were runaway wait what time is it she invited me to dinner" i decided to play detective "whoa man if she is a killer you shouldn't go alone I'll come with you" Larry's chill demeaner tightened into a stern one quicker than snap as he frowned, i sighed seeing how serious Larry really was "fine but look chill or something it'll make her more likely to trust us"

"yeah yeah i know the deal" he rolled his eyes at me playfully "oh and the time " i asked again as Larry looked down at the watch ash bought him for his 16th birthday " 5:25" Larry said standing up "what have a date soon" Larry teased "no she said that they finish dinner at 6:00 dumbass" i rolled my eyes and Larry gasped overdramatically at the name i called him "c'mon lest go" i stood up and grabbed on of Larry's extremally big coat seeing as it was almost fall and already freezing in the building i places the large coat over my hoodie but didn't bother with the zipper instead i rushed out the door as though i was in a race against time its self witch i probably was, Larry however walked at the same pace i was running stupid giant always flexing his legs and curse these stupid stubs growing out of my torso like why am i so short , i mentally groaned and practically threw myself through the elevator doors into the elevator thank god for Larry finally stepping in right as the doors shut or I'd be on my own with a potential murder. the elevator ride was quicker than ever and in no time at all we were already on the 4th floor just standing still then Larry moved forcing me to exit the elevator

when we got to the door, before we could knock she opened the door and knowingly let us in "how did you" i started "know?" she asked as a slight giggle left her mouth "i have good ears and heard you arguing when you walked past 403" she explain then i notice something off one of her eyes where a different color than the other thinking back earlier here eyes where the same color i looked down noticing she noticed my eyes that's when i saw a f/e/c contact in her hand "curios are you come in come in " she greeted with a cheerful voice opposed to the shocked one she gave before "Jonah your friend Sal is here with I'm amusing your Larry Lisa's son" she took the bottom surgical mask off and turned around putting her hand to her face then she turned around and both eyes matched "I'm assuming you went to Larry after hearing Jonah's bizarre story right then he suggested i was a masked killer" she giggled again but robotically this time "I hate to disappoint but I'm no masked killer" her giggles resides momentarily "in the apartment ladies" she joked, joked? she doesn't seem like the joke type! while i was in my little daze i suddenly felt warm pressure around my wrist then i was pulled and the door was shut.

i looked up shock only to see her walking to the kitchen she grabbed  2 dishes from a random cabinet "hungry ladies" i could see a light smile  on her face it felt like i was in a whole other realm it was beautiful "I'm okay" i somehow i managed to say "hell yes I'm up for free food" Larry said enthusiastically and her smile grew brighter "okay well help yourselves and Sal do you think your father would like you to bring some home" she said to me but i was still focused on her lips wondering if they were as soft as they look wait stop Sal no catching feelings! "he already ate "we'll have leftovers that will never be eaten so can i send you home with some " she leaned towards me a-bit and i could feel my face heating up "huh Sal your face if red do you feel okay don't tell me you're sick hold on stay still" she rushed toward me and slid a hand under my mask feeling my temperature witch made my face warmer "Sal hello earth to Sal how do you feel if you don't feel okay you can lay down" she was soo close "look that way" she pointed left and i did so with out question then she proceeded to shine a flash light in my face "well you're not having a seizure so you feel fine" she hummed awaiting my answer " I feel okay you're just v-very close" her eyes widened an she stepped back bowing quickly "g-Gomen" Larry looked up from were he sat looking down at the plate stuffing his face "woah slow down anime girl" she turned to Larry and frowned "sorry, I-I didn't mean to I meant sorry I sometimes talk Japanese because the orphanage i was in 7 and a half years of my life was in japan and they spoke in Japanese. i remember as a little one running up the stairs the buckets of water my balance always praised as i never dropped a single drip of water but then they took my to what i didn't know at the time i would remember as a hell hole, sometimes i wish i could run up those mountains smell the fresh dry air, but enough about me Larry al what do you guys think what is the moment when you feel like your on top of the world " you ushered Sal to at least sit " sit sit please sit Sal" your tone was sweet bard harsh and thrash probably from the lack of water over the weeks "y/n why don't you eat you promised you'd try to eat dinner" Jonah spoke up and she kinda wished he didn't "Jonah you're pushing your luck here if you want to ghost hunt you don't tell family secrets " Jonah sighed "but that's not what these are are they there just secrets stupid ones i miss Florida and i hate you I'm leaving" with that he ran to his room and slammed his door " Jonah Jonah I'm sorry " then she remembered her guest and she sank down falling down to her knees and letting her head fall to the ground " I'm sorry you had to listen to that he doesn't normally get this mad at me" she sniffled probably trying not to hint her tears "hey um y/n its okay its not disturbing" she sobbed "you shouldn't have to listen to my family falling apart shouldn't have to be burdened by my mere presence" she continued "y/n SHUT UP you work so fucking hard every day and your a great person your cooking is fucking phenomenal and your so devoted to giving him a good life that you exhausted yourself!"