Twenty-One

She stood at the end of the table, as everyone else sat around it. They had received a message from president Ellis, and now waiting for the outcome of the meeting. Friday put through the video call, and she wasn't waiting for him to dally around it.

'Well?..'.. She folded her arms, as she looked at the screen.

'The accords have been recinded. There are few things, not bad..'.. Ellis held his hands up... 'First, with the evidence you have provided against Ross, there is no trial and he is going straight to the raft. Second, with what you have provided for sergeant Barnes, he has been given a full pardon, and cleared of the soldiers crimes..'.. She heard someone let out a breath, knowing who it was.

'The UN has drawn up a new agreement..'..

'I hope this is going to work the way I want it mr president, as I have no problem, with creating an entirely new government in one night..'.. She raised an eyebrow at him.

'I'm sure you could..'.. He chuckled... 'This agreement, is from all of them. The Avengers continue on, with the promise of informing them of any new enhanced or special people that come across their radars. To share information about any organisations, terrorists that they need help with..'

'And the casualties, destruction that could potentially happen?..'.. She dropped her hands, holding the edge of the desk as she leaned back.

'They are all starting a funding to assist..'

'I know there's more..'.. She sighed.

'They want you to remain in charge of the avengers. You made quite the compelling case miss B, and handled the meeting well. You were right, without the Avengers, this world is unprotected, and I want to thank you all, for what you have done for us. It is not an easy job, but I would like to speak for everyone, thank you..-..

'I'll remain, that's not an issue. But I will say this..'.. She stood up, folding her arms again... 'If I find that there is any dirty dealing, and secrets hidden, or agendas against the team, I will not hesitate to take lives. I will do whatever it takes, to protect this world Mr president, even if that means, taking control of it. Its not something I want to do, but I've seen the possibilities, of what can happen without the team..'.. She gestured behind her.

'I believe you miss B. Our acquaintance spoke highly of you, and from our meetings, I know you put this world first. I will send all documents over to you, and a public announcement will be made within the hour. A pleasure to meet you miss B, and you too Avengers..'..

The call cuts off, and she turned, seeing everyone sag in relief... 'Now, if I tried to pull that shit you did, I'd be arrested..'.. Stark chuckled.

'So, we're free?..'.. Wilson asked her and she nodded.

'Yeah, youre all free. Lang, Barton you can go home to your families now..'.. She smiled at the men, seeing them relieved and happy... 'Parker, you can too, but know I still expect you here on weekends for training. Got your new suit finished and it needs testing..'.. He grinned madly at her.

'You can all go about your lives now..'.. She waved her hand around at them.

'I'm really free?..'.. Barnes eyes were shining, and she could see so much emotion in him... 'You-you saved me..'