Chapter 1: Great Minds Think Alike!

*First off, if you read the chapter, the tree above is NOT a birch. I don't know what kind it actually is, so say it's a birch.*

                      "Wait, so, what you're telling me is that you jump off a cliff for fun? Jacob, someone could die!" Renesmee exclaimed, and threw her hands into the air dramatically. Jacob rolled his eyes for the fourth time today and laughed.

"Really Jacob? Make fun of my wording right when I'm already in trouble? You are so annoying!" She stormed off and quickly turned around to sick her tongue out at him in frustration. Jacob stood there laughing until tears streamed down his face. Sometimes, Jacob could be such a dork; such as this case. Renesmee sat on a nearby rock and listened to the forest's blissful sounds such as footsteps heading towards her. Wait, footsteps? She took a whiff of the air, and slid onto the ground, where Jacob and her set up a blanket for her studies in school.

"Ness," Jacob whispered. "That's not your dad, right?" She nodded and started reading her book, not really in the mood for a grounding again because she didn't do her homework.

"Wow, like, who does anything on a wet mountain? Nessie, you better not be wearing that black dress you were earlier!" Alice peeked around a tree and grinned. "Isn't this cute? You two studying... no, wait. Nessie's studying, okay. I guessed because-"

"Alice, what do you want? Sorry if that was rude, but I was reading something." Renesmee pointed out. Alice shrugged and leaned against a tree; with that kind of face that said that the two teenagers had to come back to the cottage for an unknown reason. Renesmee groaned and put away her books in her back-pack.

"Well, I have to get back; don't stay for long!" And with that, Alice left.

"I guess we have to go home." Jacob noted after a minute.

She laughed, and poked Jacob's rib. "Wow, you don't say. Come on, let's skedaddle before I get grounded for not listening." She grabbed his hand and started running for her parents' cottage.

"Branches? Whoa, Jacob; I can't walk nor run here. Alice would kill me!"

Jacob groaned. "Women and their clothing," he picked Renesmee up bridal style, and again started for the cottage. He set her down on the front porch, and Renesmee creaked open the door and looked around.

"No one's here," Jacob noted silently.

"Look; a letter. Hey, want me to guess what it says?" Renesmee handed him the letter:

Renesmee and Jacob,
We're out hunting, and Alice wanted you home so you could read this. Renesmee, don't do anything I wouldn't do, and Jacob; don't touch her. Like, AT ALL.

XOXO,

Bella (P.S. I mean it, Jake. Do not touch her.)

Renesmee raised her eyebrow, and re-read the note. "How kind, Mom." She muttered, and tossed it in the trash.

Jacob rolled his eyes again (He seemed to do that a lot lately,) and followed his imprint to her mini-library in her corner of the living room.

"What's this book?" She exclaimed, and pulled out a leather-covered tattered book with a ribbon around it. She flipped it open, and started reading.

She suddenly got a gushed look on her face, which Jacob knew wasn't a good sign. "It's Jasper's Civil War journal! How cool!"

"Nessie, can't we just-"

"I want to read, so shh!" She snapped.

This was going to be a long hunting trip, Jacob had a feeling in his wolf-gut.

________________________

"Edward, dear, what are you doing?" Bella questioned her husband.

Edward wasn't listening. His eyes were fixed on his daughter, currently hanging from a nearby birch tree. "Her birthday was nine days ago. She still hasn't gotten to be full grown, nor has she even grown for an entire year."

Bella nodded and frowned at her daughter. "Yeah, seems weird. Maybe it'll happen overnight or something." She suggested

Edward shrugged and continued to watch his daughter hang from a tree in awe. His daughter never ceased to amaze him. Ever since she said her first words, to when she first started eighth grade, she amazed him in every way.

"Dad!" She screamed from her distance. "Look at me; I'm defying gravity!" His daughter released her hands from the birch's tree branch, and balanced her body on the branch. He could her joyful thoughts mixed with his own, and a smile slowly crossed his lips. He walked over to her from behind, and quickly started to tickle her rib cage. Renesmee screamed, and tumbled out of the tree.

"Whoops." Edward laughed.

"Edward," Carlisle warned. "Her tailbone isn't healed enough for falls like that."

"My what-bone?" Renesmee chirped suddenly. Her big, bright eyes now looked up at her grandfather from the grassy ground with awe and confusion.

"Tailbone, you know, that bone that hurt when you slipped on the concrete last month." Carlisle held back a laugh.

Renesmee's small lips formed an 'O', and she giggled painfully. "Ouch,"

Edward grinned and looked up at his wife, who was in a deep conversation with Alice. Their minds were shielded, and his smile dissipated. "Alice," He called out.

Alice turned around and grinned bashfully. She turned to Bella again and gave a slight nod.

(The Rest will be coming up... NEXT CHAPTER. *suspenseful music*)