Chapter 13 {Caught}

Start from the beginning

But before she could get anymore ideas, I bluntly protested. "We are not charging Mrs. Oats." Narrowing my eyes at Ava as she looked in the other direction, refusing to make eye contact.

"Why does she want that?" Leif asked Ava.

Ava hesitated on answering Leif's question as her cheeks became flushed and pinkish. "Because of her stupid fantasies, she thinks you guys are both me and (Y/N)'s boyfriends and at this point I'm tired of fighting her.." Her words began to trail off once more.

Widening my eyes slightly, I looked at Ava with a stunned expression. "She actually thinks they're our boyfriends??" I whispered quickly. "I thought that only applied to you??"

"Well unfortunately for you, it also applies to you too. she also thinks you're into this." Ava whispered back sarcastically, placing a hand on her hip. ruffling my hair in frustration, I felt like I was having a migraine right now.

"So if anybody asks just tell them you guys are our boyfriends or whatever..." Ava continue to ramble on but I couldn't but look at her with a deadpan and unimpressed expression.

'You know what I'm done fighting this, It's not like Ava's gonna listen to me anyways. ' Sighing, I straightened my posture and returned back to my usual stoic demeanor.

"It's funny." Leif suddenly said, making all attention go to him. "Elder humans here don't seem to be as terrifying as lady grandma."

'Lady grandma? What kind of name is that? '

"Wuh-wait lady grandma?" Ava questioned as confused as I was but more apparent on her face as she raised a brow.

"Yes, she's the former queen of daemos and one of the most powerful." Rhys explained, squinting his eyes slightly.

'So Asch's grandma since he is a prince or? ' Listening closely, I couldn't help but be confused much like Ava.

"So she's ya'lls grandma?" Ava asked, raising a curious brow as she scanned the faces of the daemos.

'Ava, your way of wording things sometimes makes me cringe.. '

"What? No, she's lady grandma." Noi corrected, despite it not helping with the confusion at all.

"I still don't get it." I muttered to myself, furrowing my brows as my brain attempted to understand.

"Me too." Ava replied, whispering back to me as she suspiciously eye'd the daemos. "..Wait.. are you guys brothers..?" Ava questioned, eyes widening in curiosity.

"They don't look like brothers.." I whispered, leaning closely to Ava. making sure she was the only one who heard.

"Yeah, fair point.." Ava replied, sighing as she rubbed the bridge of her nose.

Asch's calm expression turned into a frustrated one due to how clueless he thought we were. "Lady grandma is my grandmother." Asch spoke, making both me and Ava turn to him as realization hit us like a truck.

'Called it. '

"But.. her name is Lady grandma..?" Ava inquired once more, still quite confused at such an odd name like who names their children 'Lady grandma'.

"Yes, a very powerful-" Rhys was quickly cut off by Ava's confused rambling as she scrunched her brows.

"That doesn't make sense I-" And then Ava was cut off by a frustrated Asch now.

"Just finish fixing this relic! I want to see how this works." Asch demanded, narrowing his eyes at the still very confused and now annoyed Ava.

"God could you shut up!" Ava muttered, narrowing her eyes back at Asch before closing them with a deep sigh.