Chapter 8 {Challenge accepted}

TW: Slight swearing

The rays of the slowly setting sun seep through my curtain, slightly lighting up my dark room but there I was, laying on my bed, blankly staring at my ceiling, motionless, deep in thought with questions in my mind.

'Now that I think of it... why am I trusting these guys, who literally broke inside Ava's apartment and kept us hostage!? ' I gritted my teeth and scrunched my brows in annoyance, I wanted to scream out of anger but resisted the urge and just bit down my pillow aggressively.

'Am I getting... what was the disease they say when someone is beginning to trust their captor..? ' I pondered on the word for a few moments.

 'ah right stockholm sydrome! yeah, that must be it! ' I clenched the pillow in anger before abruptly stopping and suddenly remembering something 'Now that I think of it.. where did my metal bat go?? ' I rose up from my bed, quite irritated but tried remaining as grounded as possible.

Sighing heavily 'I should get dressed first though ' I walked towards the shower inside my room whilst rubbing my temple to try easing it, of course after checking my bedroom door to make sure it's locked so nobody barges in, which it was.

----------

After having a refreshing bath, I quickly put my clothes on, brushing my hair, basically doing my basic routine.

Setting out to find my bat, I opened the door to see... no one, nobody sitting and watching tv on the couch, no fighting, nothing.

'Huh, that's odd but atleast I don't have any trouble to deal with today ' I just shrugged it off and carried on with my day, not really expecting anything to happen.

I was incredibly lucky today because after just a few moments, I immediately found what I was looking for, which was my bat.

Suddenly a creak of a door was heard around the corner, making me raise a brow in suspicion to the sudden noise also followed with distinct chattery.

Looking around the corner I catched a glimpse of Rhys, getting a bad feeling in my gut, I quietly sneaked towards Ava's door.

Peeking through the open door, I saw Rhys standing near the door way while Leif and Noi on Ava's bed holding deadly weapons.

I scowled at the sight whilst clenching my bat angrily, I sneaked through the door way, quite suprised they didn't see me, well not that suprised since all their attention was currently directed to their argument with Rhys.

When I was finally near the bed, I swiftly swinged my bat at the two boys, who were suprising quite oblivious considering they were trained knights, well that's what I assume so.

A loud thud was heard when the two boys harshly fell down.

"get out" I glared and growled at the two fallen boys, who just looked at me with wide eyes.

All of them scattered immediately, making me push my hair out of my face in frustration of all the noise.

My gaze set upon Ava immediately to make sure they didn't do anything to her, a sigh of relief immediately left my mouth once I was sure she was unharmed and breathing.

'I need to keep a closer eye on them ' I sighed, my posture beginning to slouch whilst pinching the bridge of my nose in annoyance.

Looking towards the door, I gritted my teeth in annoyance after seeing they didn't close it, going to the open door, I shut it quickly before being distrupted by another noise.