"Happy birthday Melina Hanas." Ethan Townsend said as he grinned, glad that he had caught her on her birthday.

"Thanks Eth-" she was cut off when Louis grabbed her cell phone.

"Hi Ethan, I just wanted to say hi and her one favor for you is done. Please do not ask my girlfriend to be your date, pretend or not, ever again. Thanks." Louis said abruptly before hanging up as a flabbergasted Melina stared at him. 

"Louis Tomlinson!" She yelled, her jaw agape at his audacity.

"I brought you breakfast in bed?" Louis defended himself sheepishly. 

Melina just stared at him though before tossing a throw pillow at him.  "Jaundiced nincompoop!" She yelled.

Hearing Melina's words, Louis let the throw pillow hit him as he curled over in laughter. Melina and her big words...  But he finally told Ethan exactly what he'd been itching to say since Melina first told him about her doing a favor for her ex childhood crush.

Catching the next pillow, he leant into her. "You're mine,"

"Fine, but it goes both ways bud."

"Bud," Louis grinned while brushing some of her hair off her face.  "You're really something else,"

"Ditto," Melina said leaning into him as if to kiss him but just as Louis was about to kiss her, she used her legs to flip him off the bed and onto the pillows below.  "I'm not kissing you after you said that to Ethan like some possessive prat when it wasn't me who let someone that was not their girlfriend kiss them on T.V."

"You said you didn't care." Louis protested.

"I know she means nothing but if you're going to be ridiculous, so am I. Now drop and give me ten pushups."

"What?" Louis yelled.

"Drop and give me ten Louis Tomlinson!"

"I'll give you ten," Louis muttered before getting up to tackle Melina on the bed,

~~~

After breakfast, Melanie had come in with her own present for Melina. 

However only Louis was in the room, lounging on the bed with his cell phone. 

"Melina?" She asked while Louis sat up. 

"Shower," Louis answered with a smile.  "Didn't almost burn down the kitchen this time though." He grinned at her jokingly. 

Melaine blew a stray blonde strand away from her face before raising a brow at him.  With a small smile, "Thanks, I appreciate that. Though probably not as much as you might appreciate my gift." She winked before throwing her present for Melina at him. Before Louis could respond, Melanie was already gone saying she had work but she'd be there at Melina's birthday dinner.   

Louis eyed the wrapped box questioningly but resisted the urge to shake it. 

Ten minutes later Melina came into the room, dressed in a pair of black jeans and a jeweled green halter neck top with a large chunky brown necklace, because Louis had given her ten hickeys.  Which she had certainly hit him enough times but all he had done was laugh before kissing the closest one.  

"Melanie's gift," Louis said before throwing the box to Melina who caught it swiftly. 

"I missed her," Melina sighed.  "Darn but I guess she'll be at dinner," She just went on as she opened the card and present.  Louis sat up eagerly awaiting the gift that he would apparently enjoy too. 

Seeing him snooping, Melina took the bow and stuck it to his cheek cuasing Louis to laugh but kiss her quickly on the lips as he stole a look at the gift. 

"Man I thought it was going to lingerie, she said I would probably like it more." Louis half pouted as he looked at the matching bracelet set that Melanie had bought them,  slim bronze bands but quite beautiful in their simplicity. 

"Really?" Melina looked over at him with both brows furrowed, biting slightly on her inner cheek.  "She sleeps in the room right next to us, what's the logic in that?" Melina gestured to Melanie's room. 

"Oh yeah, damn." Louis muttered as he slipped on his bracelet, admiring it.  So it wasn't lingerie but it was still pretty cool.

Melina just sighed.  She had to smile though when Louis lightly took her hand to slip on the bracelet for her, gentle as possible.  "Melanie made them I bet," Melina added softly as she touched her bracelet to Louis. 

"Really?" Louis asked.

"Yeah, she's always had a hobby in making jewelry.  They're beautiful aren't they?"

"Yeah, but she totally tricked me when she said that I would probably enjoy it more than you." Louis had to input. "What deceit, bringing a man's hopes up only to crush them..."

"What man?"  Melina snorted. 

"Melina Hanas!" Louis yelled. 

Melina stuck out her tongue at him.  "Anyway, let me text Melanie a giant thanks,"

"Okay how does going to the Navy Pier with a few of my friends sound?" She asked after texting her roommate, clapping her hands before resting them under her chin, her head slightly tipped to the side with an unsure smile.

"Ethan?" Louis had to ask because Melina looked slightly apprehensive at the moment.

"No," Melina shook her head, her pony tail swishing. 

"Okay, sounds fun." Louis grinned.

"But at my birthday dinner at Eva's workplace... Ethan's coming. But we are just friends, nothing else.  He's just my friend that I had a childhood crush on, nothing more.  Do not freak out and for heaven's sake, do not be bad to him."

Louis made a face, his nose wrinkling.  "Can't that guy just-"

"Louis Tomlinson do not finish that thought," Melina began to push him out the doors while he muttered many things about boundaries, causing Melina to snort as she pushed him out the front door at last.  He being no help, actually slumping all his weight towards her. 

However they made it out just to see a blonde haired tot running towards him, a bouquet of assorted tulips and various other flowers in his grasp.  The bouquet was so large, the face of the tot wasn't discernible however Louis would recognize that demonic head of hair and voice from anywhere.  It had told him he was ugly enough times...

~~~

Hi! So I originally had this special addition planned to be published at 250k reads but then I had too much on my plate, so I decided 300k and yeah, so its already past that too! But I just wanted to put this up for you guys as a special gift before my hectic week begins. 

Legal Research paper here I come! 

Wish me luck and love you guys so much, will post next parts probably next week along with Niall's update and maybe another if I can finish my legal research paper in time!