Prologue

"Poolfeather!"
"Willowmoss!"
"Congrats!"
"Willowmoss!"
"Poolfeather!"

Poolfeather lifted his head up to the sky as Riverclan cheered his name. His mate, Silverwing, cried his name the loudest. As he licked his Leader's shoulder, he gracefully stepped down into his mate's fur. She purred loudly as she embraced Poolfeather. His former mentor, Blueriver, purred congratulations as Poolfeather passed.

"Silverwing! This is it!" Poolfeather purred uncontrollably as he struggled to breathe.
His littermate, Willowmoss padded up to him, flicking her tail in greeting.

"Who's the two new warriors in Riverclan, huh? WATCH OUT THUNDERCLAN! YOU'RE FACES MAY BE IN DANGER!"
Poolfeather flicked his tail over his littermates soft fur.
Silverwing flicked her ears as Nightstar started to speak  

"Riverclan, we welcome two new warriors today. They will sit vigil until dawn."

Willowmoss hopped excitedly as Nightstar said, "Two new warriors'                                                               "Poolfeather, do you think i'll fall asleep?" His littermate looked unusually anxious. 

"Shh, we're sitting vigil! We can't talk. " He hissed

Poolfeather's eyes grew heavy, and his littermate kept nodding off. He prodded Willowmoss and woke himself up as well. His tail swished against the undergrowth as the rising sun bathed his fur and turned it orange. He yawned and poked his littermate and slowly walked towards camp. 

His bones ached, and he felt like an elder after a night with soggy bedding. He quietly padded over to his mate and breathed in her scent. He sat outside and waited for his clanmates to wake up. 

As the sun rose, he heard some grumbling and lots of yawning. Finally, Mallowheart walked out. His light brown fur shone in the sunlight as he padded over to Poolfeather. 

"Greetings, new warrior." Mallowheart dipped his head formally, not long after bursting into delighted laughter. 

"Mallowheart! Is Silverwing awake?" Poolfeather dipped his head curiously as Mallowheart stuck his head in to check.

Poolfeather heard some grunts and some snores until his mate walked out. Her fur shone in the early dawn light, making her look even more beautiful. Her silver looked sleek and shiny. Poolfeather purred contently.

"Silverwing!"

"Well?" She tilted her head questioningly

"I can't wait to sleep with you."
Poolfeather purred

"Poolfeather! Come join the dawn patrol!" Minnowclaw yowled.

Poolfeather quickly headed off to join Minnowclaw as he relished his new name