Chapter 1: Planning a surprise

In a city called Miami Beach, which is a city in a eastern state called Florida aka The Sunshine State and the weather was warm year round in the state even though between December and March, the weather gets cool in Miami Beach with it's dry seasons lasting between Mid October to Mid May and it becomes rainy between Mid May and Mid October. Miami Beach is known for it's beaches and Deco Art on Ocean Drive, the Deco Art lights up when the sun sets and at night, it's breathtaking and also Miami Beach is also across from Miami, a mainland city and Miami is home to a NBA Team known as the Miami Heat, a MLB team known as the Miami Marlins and a NFL Team known as the Miami Dolphins.

The day was July 29, the year is 2011 and at a 20 story condo, there was an apartment on the 18th floor nearly 3,200 square feet on Collins Avenue that had 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, there was a young boy around 10 with long blonde hair 2 inches below his shoulder blades and green eyes on the condo deck named Logan and he was decked out in a Dwyane Wade Miami Heat Black Jersey as he looked at the ocean and the time was 1:30 pm and Logan is an avid Miami Heat fan. Coming from the kitchen was a woman around 45 with brown hair and brown eyes named Allison Austin, who is Logan's adoptive mother as she saved Logan from a house fire when he was 2 years old and raised him ever since.

Hey, Logan. What are you doing?" Allison asked the 10 year old boy.

"Looking at the ocean on this beautiful day, Allison." Logan replied, two years ago when he was 8, Allison revealed that she wasn't his actual mother and she told him if he wanted, he could call her Allison and he did, but he did call her mom at times.

"That's great."

"Question, what's gonna happen today?" Logan asked.

"Well i was gonna wait until later on today, but i have a surprise for you, we're going to Disney World!"

Logan had a grin on his face

"We are?!"

"Yes and we'll leave later on this evening at 5:30 pm."

"I better start packing!"

Logan went into his bedroom and immediately started packing and after he packed, he sat on the bed and pulled out a photo and looked at it. Also on his bed was his phone and Nikon D7000 digital camera.

"Are you packed up even though we aren't leaving until later tonight?" Allison asked.

"Yes." Logan answered. "Allison, i'll admit for some reason, i feel something really special as kids have that particular connection to their parents.

"With your actual mother?"

"Yeah, we've been looking up and down for her." Logan sighed.

"Rest assured, we will find her and i'm certain she's been looking for you too and you never know, she might find you sooner rather than later."

"Thanks for the assurance."

"No problem."

Allison exited the bedroom and went into the living room and made a phone call, which lasted for 7 minutes before hanging up.

"He's gonna be so happy for the surprise that i'm planning for him." Allison said to herself, referring about a surprise she was planning for Logan.

Meanwhile, at a building located on the Southwest corner of 17th Street & Lenox Avenue called the Abby Lee Dance Company, which is a dance studio that had a parking lot and entrance/exits leading to either 17th Street or Lenox Avenue. The inside had a Front desk, which had red painted walls with a fountain near the desk with a computer and calendar and on the left, there was a hallway that had bathrooms and there was a door on the end was an office and in the office was a sofa, desk, computer and four chairs. The door that lead from the front desk led into a foyer with a vending machine, a staircase that led to an observation room and three doors with the left door leading into Studio B, one of the three studio rooms and the door next to the staircase led into the Dancer's Den, which is where dancers hang out in between classes and rehearsals and the door on the right led into Studio A, the biggest studio room of the Abby Lee Dance Company and it had three doors like the foyer that led into Studio A, Studio B and Studio C, which is the third studio room. Studio A had a mirror with gold brick wall and it had the ALDC logo on there, Studio B had a mirror, silks and a mirror with a silver brick wall with the word "ALDC" in graffiti style and Studio C, which had a red wall and white brick wall with the ALDC logo in red on it and the observation deck had red benches and it gave views of the studio rooms and the studio had LED lights.

Sitting at the front desk was a heavyset woman that had brown hair and green eyes named Abby Lee Miller, who is a dance teacher who owns the studio and she was outside. She pulled out a photo and looked at it and in the photo was her and in her arms was a baby boy, which is actually her son Logan who was presumed dead when Abby's house caught fire when he was 2, but it wasn't confirmed as the dance teacher sighed and little did she know, he was actually saved from that house fire and was alive and well as her phone rang.

Abby went to her office to take the phone call and a minute later, she had a look of hope on her face.

"I'm heading to Disney World tomorrow." Abby said.

Later that evening at Allison's apartment, it was 5:28 pm and Allison had her bags and next to her was Logan as he had his bags, his phone and camera, they took the elevator to the lobby and went to the parking garage and approached a silver Ford Mustang V6 Convertible, the vehicle Allison owns as their bags were in the back as Allison was in the driver's seat and Logan was in the front seat.

"Are you ready to head to Disney World?" Allison asked.

"Ready when you are." Logan responded.

Allison smiled and she put the key in the ignition, turned it and the car came to life. She then began driving and turned onto Collins Avenue and they were on their way to Disney World and what Logan didn't know was that tomorrow he was going to get a life changing surprise.