𝗍𝗐𝗈. 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗋𝗂𝗏𝖺𝗅𝗋𝗒 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗎𝖾𝗌

( 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝗈 — 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝖼𝖾𝗌 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍 )

( 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝖼𝖾𝗌 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍 )

At Tree Hill High, the basketball team neared the end of their practice as the bleachers were already filled of people, eager for the game to start.

Riley Davis stood in the cheerleader section, next to Peyton and her sister, smiling in excitement to see Lucas play as it was his first game.

As she searched the crowd, the blonde-haired girl grinned once she caught Keith and Haley waving at her. In return, she sent them a playful wink before looking away when Brooke grabbed her attention who had her eyes on Lucas.

"So that's the boy that beat Nathan?" Brooke looked between the two blondes, tilting her head with a smirk at their non-verbal response. "Well, he's good from behind."

Riley laughed, whacking Brooke on the arm with one of her pom-poms just as the whistle blew, signalling the start of the game. "Oh, get your mind out of the gutter, B. Davis!"

Unfortunately, Lucas wasn't starting off well as he hoped he would, especially at the moment of demonstrating butter fingers as the ball slipped right past him and almost hit Peyton.

The Sawyer girl instantly scowled, looking back at Lucas with her remark. "Nice hands."

"Nice legs." Lucas quipped, tilting his head with a smirk before turning back to continue on with the game. Peyton looked down slightly as she tried to hide the shock on her face, although their interaction had Riley laughing.

The Sawyer girl leaned back to look at Riley in question. "What?" She asked, only for the Davis girl to press her lips together at the shake of her head, muttering. "Nothing."

By the end of the first period, Lucas felt nothing but disappointment after missing every shot he took in attempt to make a basket. "It's not your night, son." Was what Whitey had told him at that time, his demeanor changing at the news of him being benched for the rest of the game.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Retracing the events at what happened at school the next day, Riley Davis was really starting to doubt her reasoning of becoming friends with Nathan Scott after the amount of times he had ranted on about the fight in class that Lucas had initiated.

But honestly? She didn't really care. The girl just wanted the whole brother rivalry to stop. On the plus side, then it wouldn't be as awkward for her having a close friendship with all three Scott brothers — especially when two out of the three hated each other.