Chapter 12 "𝐴𝑟𝑐𝑎𝑑𝑒"

Start from the beginning

"I thought you were pretty introverted... but I guess that's not the case now." He continued with his slow steps as he approached me. As he finally stood right in front of me with little to no distance, he let out a soft sigh. "Am I wrong?"

The distance between us was so close I could feel his breath on my face, his stare at me didn't seem to budge either.

"N-No! It's just Chuuya-san's personality is the polar opposite of me and it just somehow makes me comfortable around him when he blurts out whatever is on his mind."

"Then, are you more comfortable around him than me?" He murmured in a low voice almost inaudible.

"W-Wha-"

"Duty calls, I'll be off now." Chuuya abruptly entered and announced.

"O-Oh sure, take care Chuuya-san" I turned to him and waved him a goodbye while Dazai simply nodded.

Just like that Chuuya left, leaving me in this cold atmosphere with Dazai.

"Em..."

"Call me by my first name too"

"Huh?" I turned to the brunette with the visible shock on my widened eyes.

"First name... Call me by my first name." He muttered demandingly while I carefully examined his face to detect any signs of jokes however there were none.

He's serious.

So far in the anime, even manga too, no has dared to call Dazai by his first name. Dazai is a pretty mysterious character who doesn't have any close person, even Odasaku, his beloved bestfriend has never called him by his first name.

"Why?" I asked.

"What do you mean 'Why'? Aren't we close enough for you to call me by my first name? You do that with Chuuya too..." he answered while softly rubbling his right hand around his neck looking elsewhere

There's no way I'm ever going to call him by his first name, even if he's my favourite character. Getting too close with him means getting involved with the plot of Bungo Stray dogs, in other words suffering or even death. And I have no intentions of dying yet.

"I... I'll consider it."

"So you are uncomfortable with me." He mumbled.

"What? No, what makes you say that"

"Then call me 'Osamu'"

"I said I'll consider it." I sternly added as I crossed my arms over my chest and turned away in an attempt to avoid the close proximity between us.

He sighed softly before blurting out a "Fine." I unconsciously loosed my shoulders which seemed to have been stiffened because of Dazai's strange words.

"Then... Be ready by 11 AM in the morning"

"Why?"

"We're going on a date."

"Pardon me?"

"It's an underground investigation mission. There's this amusement park that Port Mafia owns which has been under suspicion of collaborating with Port Mafia's enemy organisation. It's simple, we'll both go there under the disguise of a loving couple and see what's going on." Dazai explained before ending it with "Mori-san texted."

"Port Mafia owns an amusement park? Never thought a bright place like that would be owned by a dark organisation..." I thought out loud while scratching my chin.

"Not in name, however we (Port Mafia) indirectly own it with some connections." Dazai answered as he brushed his hand through his hair.

"What about Chuuya-san? Aren't we a trio?"

"As you saw earlier, he's most likely got another mission to work separately on."

Do I even have a choice to refuse? Loyal or not I'm still working for Port Mafia afterall.

<->

[Author's note]

Dating tip:
Ask them out on a date ×
Order them to go on a mission with you ✓
(says the most singlest person on earth ♥︎)