Chapter 1 "𝐴𝑛 𝑈𝑛𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑎𝑟 𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒"

{TW: Mentions of self-harm}

I found myself lying in an unfamiliar bed, a strange morning. It was an unknown place too. Trying to keep my sanity steady I ran out of the apartment and saw this place which I had never seen before.

I asked a person walking out of their apartment, "Excuse me, Would you mind telling me the address of this place?". With a questionable look on her face, she answered "Akira building, Street 402, Yokohama"

Yokohama?! Isn't it a city in Japan? It's not the country I live in! Was I kidnapped in my sleep? But no kidnapper would leave their victim unrestricted!
Wait how do I even know how to speak Japanese? It's... It's as if I've spoken it since I was born.

After a few days, I came to the realization it's not my body that I'm in nor is it the world that I live in... used to live in.

It was an appearance with silver-white hair and exquisite pink eyes resembling that of a diamond, with a slim build. At first, I couldn't get used to this appearance but as a few weeks went by, I had finally gotten used to it. It wasn't easy adapting to this sudden shift however what choice do I possibly have?

The name of this physique's owner was 'Suzuki Keiko'. It appears we are the same age and she is an orphan living here alone.

(In Japan, the first name is put second & the family name first, so her first name is 'Keiko', meaning blessed child)

I read her journal and found out, she was the victim of excessive bullying in her school. She was desperately surviving through every day however in the end she chose to put an end to everything. I found some sleeping pills in the drawer next to her bed and figured she took a lot of those pills, intentionally to end.

I felt sympathetic towards her but she's long gone and there's no use feeling dire.

I spent days and nights searching for ways to go back. I would read articles, blogs, and books online looking for any cases of switching bodies but couldn't find any useful insight no matter how much I researched.
Despite indulging in anime back there, I still cared for the people around me very much. They were my home after all.

I miss them.
Is there no way back home?

I didn't give up, not yet. Someday I definitely will return home. However, for now, I decided to continue living as Keiko. There's no alternative after all.