Ressurection of old love

Part one – an ode the friendship

After Fontaine had been attacked by Sandorn's automations and she had been beaten by the traveler due to a faithful interference a strange but beautiful scene unfolded itself.

"Ehmm what should we do with her, we can't just leave her here she will die!" "I know Paimon." Aether took the hand of the harbinger called Sandrone and pulled her form the wreckage of the broken ruin guards scattered all around them. She did not look hurt, but she was unconscious. Aether took her in his arms and moved her towards the side of the battlefield that was an old factory in the underground of Fontaine. He put her down against a metal wall that supported her back and crouched down. He then took her wrist and listened to her heartbeat that was rather faint, and slow paced, but stable nonetheless. He softly put her hand on her leap and stood up. He looked up in the direction of the red haired tall male that was looking for something between the debris of the automatons and asked "Why did you interfere in this fight, why did you want her to lose?" "Isn't she your colleague?!" You could hear the confusion in Aether's voice as he asked the question.

The tall red stoop up and turned around. His blue eyes locked with Aether's for a second, then he looked down as his eyes softened. He was holding a hairpin in his hands, a blue hairpin with geometrical forms and at the top an hexagon. "Because I agreed to a contract..." "...no... I mean yes that was the reason... at first, at least." He stroked the hairpin gently with his left hand for a few seconds as the continued "..Because I made a friend."

He looked up with tears in his eyes, closed his eyes and laughed awkwardly while shaking his head. He then walked towards Aether and stopped right in front of him. "Take her and go to Liyue. Find Cloud retainer and show her the hairpin." "She will know what to do." "What about you?" "I will do what I am best at, I will fight and I will keep getting stronger."

"Isn't he your superior? "He is, but he is not a fighter, he is a scientist." "You know, I never shy away from a strong opponent." He laughed but his laugh faded away in seconds. "Listen closely." Go to the left exit of this factory and submerge yourselves." "Swim two hundred meters down. There you will see the bottom of the lake. There, someone will be waiting to escort you out." "Take it." His voice sounded strong but it had a hidden layer of sadness to it. Aether looked the red haired in his eyes and said "Promise me to come back and fight me." "I promise... after all, I cannot break my contract." He stood up and walked away. As he was about the pass the corner he took one last glimpse at Aether, now holding Sandorne and run off, back into the darkness.

Will be continued