Chapter 41.

Kendrick held Diana's right hand while placing his other on her waist. She stiffened. But he only curled his lips up on a plastered smile.

Kendrick:
Have you been well Hildegarde?

Diana paused. His other hand was still around on her waist encircling half of her figure.
Both stopped walking.

Diana:
Yes. And you Duke?

Kendrick:
As good as I'll ever be. It was very surprising to find out you were actually a Princess of Castina Empire. And the famed Lady Dia on the other hand.

Diana gave him a side eye.

Kendrick:
And than you were revealed to be the Empress. The Wielder of the Cosmic Silver crystal. The ruler of the universe and what not. It became incredibly hard for me to reach you.

Diana sighed and continued her steps into the hallway and down the stairs. Emperor Ruveliss, on his way to Jieun, after a walk, spotted his daughter and a handsome mysterious man.

Kendrick:
Shall we resume from where we left?

Diana:
I have no idea what you are speaking of.

She tried taking another step down the stairs before he pulled her by her wrist back to him. Diana crashed on his chest. She found herself being confined between his body and the stair rail.

Kendrick:
Shall I remind you?

Initially shocked, she was left astounded. But turned her head away from his sight to the left and frowned. Her clear peachy neck skin showed off.
Kendrick lowered his head and kissed it lightly. His lips trailing over her sensitive spot.
Diana's right arm clutched the cloth covering his arm.

Diana:
STOP it. Someone will see us!

He obliged. Her face turned red this time.
The Emperor, who watched from afar clenched his fists into a ball in a fit of rage and discontent.

Kendrick:
Remember that if the next time I find you in a vulnerable state all alone, I'm going to fuck your brains out so bad, you are going to forget there was ever a man in your life. Be it Ricardo or Arcenio Raleigh.

Her other arm was still clutching him. He leaned forward and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

Kendrick:
You're mine Diana. Mine and mine alone.

With that he moved away and walked back to his palace.
Diana's skin turned red and she blushed profoundly.

******
Gradis stared at the chandelier with his eyes wide open.
Esperance and his date went fantastic. It was a successful plan.

' Now in no time, I will propose to her and make her the Duchess of Timberlake.'

Arkint:
Gradis?

It was his grandfather, Duke Arkint De Rass.
Gradis hated getting involved in court cases. But he decided to join the political world because he owed Adrian's father his life.
So just like Duke Arkint, Gradis was fierce in politics. Unlike his father Carsein, he was calm and collected.

Arkint:
What are you doing over here?

Gradis:
Nothing your excellency.

Arkint:
You're a Duke in Castina and a King to Empress Diana, yet you're not wearing your formal clothings? Where did you go?

Gradis:
I was out with Esperance.

Arkint:
You mean the Queen? How come?

Gradis:
Pardon? What do you mean how come?

Gradis tilted his head sideways as if he didn't understand. Arkint got the hint and smiled.

Arkint:
So you and the Princess are… dating?

Gradis:
I just asked her out.

Arkint:
Really?! That seemed very easy.

Gradis:
It wasn't. I heared your had to roll over the floor so that grandmother-

Arkint:
I get it. Don't mention my wife or that one.

Gradis smiled. Arkint watched longer. Gradis mostly didn't smile. Even if he did, it was only time to time with his friends and family.
It was a trait which resembled Ernia. Arkint only looked at Gradis with pleased countenance.

Arkint:
How is she? Princess Esperance. I watched her from a far. Quite the catch Gradis.

Gradis:
She's not like other princesses, grandfather. Esperance is the daughter of one of the Queens of Sonu. The favourite of the King.

Arkint:
How did you meet her?

Gradis:
We infiltrated the Sonu Palace when we were at war. Our mission was to free the surviving members of the Sonu Royal family. And we were allied with the freedom fighters and nobility of Sonu also.
As soon as I entered the royal palace, I saw her there. Even with the enemy close to her with a sword in her hand covered in blood she didn't falter and kept firm on her feet without bending an inch. I liked it how she didn't bend to any threat no matter how dangerous it was.

Gradis looked at the chandelier again.

Gradis:
I want to tell Dad about her but…

Arkint with a melancholic face sadly watched Gradis.

' You can't meet your father.'

Arkint:
Do you Miss your father?

Gradis:
Everyday. I am very close to my mom and dad.

Arkint:
I see.

Gradis glanced at his wristwatch.

Arkint:
What's that Gradis?

Gradis:
It's a wristwatch grandfather.

Arkint:
Wristwatch.

Gradis:
You wear it on your wrist and it tells you time. People like me are always short of on time, so I always wear it. But it is also worn to bring appeal to any outfit.

Gradis took out a case and gave it to Arkint.

Gradis:
You can keep it as a souvenir.

Arkint opened it. Inside there was a golden wristwatch on a black background. It wasn't luxerious but very elegant and sophisticated.

Gradis:
Wanted to give it to Dad but...you can keep it.

Arkint's eyes sparkled. His lips curled into a smile brightly.

Arkint:
I'll cherish it Gradis. Thankyou so much.

Gradis absentmindedly nodded his head and slowly walked away.