Chapter 39.

Diana plodded ahead casually as if she hadn't had a care in the world.

' I need to get ready for the dinner with my ex-boss.'

Their palaces were far apart so Kendrick and her never crossed paths. Moreover, she did stay in the Garnet Palace where it was forbidden to enter without permit.

Ricardo:
Diana.

Her eyes popped out hearing that voice.
Indignation pooled inside her stomach. There had a been an outcry of resentment pointed out from all corners of the world against Ricardo when the documents regarding the assassination attempt and the order of killing war prisoners were leaked out.

' I'm surprised he's still here. Shouldn't he be back in Yit to cope up with the situation?'

Ricardo gazed at her with cold eyes as usual as if she vexed him.

Diana:
Ricardo. What brings you in my private garden?

Ricardo:
We need to talk.

Diana:
About?

Ricardo:
Our engagement.

Diana:
What engagement?

Ricardo:
I never officially processed those documents. You're still my fiancée.

Diana:
Says who? To the world, our engagement is already broken off. Go hang out with Camilla.

Ricardo:
Diana!

Diana:
I'm going to tell the guards to drag you out if you raise your voice infront of me. Even if you're a King, I'm the Empress.

He only glowered at her in exasperation.

Diana:
The engagement has been nullified a long time ago. Get out from my face.

Ricardo:
You cannot do this. We both were engaged since our days as young children.

Diana:
So? What if we were engaged since we were young? What should I do?

Ricardo, at a loss for words and completely dumb struck gawked at her.
Diana always smiled at him even when he behaved rudely or humiliated her. The person infront of him now was quite cruel and ruthless.

Diana:
What makes you think I'll be compelled to marry a person who tried to kill me and my brother?

Ricardo:
That's a-!

Diana:
Lie? As if. I am aware of everything now.

Ricardo:
I didn't do that.

Diana:
Who cares if you did or did not? A person like you isn't worthy of standing besides me as the next Emperor of the Monique Empire. Go to Camilla now.

Ricardo:
I said I didn't do it!

Diana:
And I told you I don't care anymore.

Ricardo:
Why are you talking about Camilla now?

Diana:
Don't you love her? I thought you would be happy if I, the thorn in your side, walked away herself.

Ricardo:
That's-!

Diana:
You can't become the Emperor of the Monique Empire while keeping a lover at a side. Unfortunately for you, I'm not just a princess anymore. And I told you before, if you have to choose between me and her, choose Camilla.