Content warning: extreme graphic violence, elements of gendered violence (not graphic)

Summary of scene and explanation at the bottom

~~~~~

I don't scream Draco's name. When I see the Death Eater, the one who has come for me finally, I don't scream his name. Instead, I just scream as loud as I can, because my wand is in the other room, and I can't apparate to Draco.

The Death Eater across from me smirks. Two others hurry into the room, staring at me. So, I just scream again, and scream once more.

One of them casts a stunning spell at me, and I throw myself to the floor. It crash into the cupboards, wood splintering out of them and at me. I pull myself up, but another comes and grabs me by the hair. He holds me up to his face, staring at me.

My heart is racing.

"Shut your mouth," with each syllable, he shakes his hand, my head following along with him.

I close my mind to this moment, occlude, and I think about the beach in Brighton, and the nights I spend walking home, away from the water. Leaving the Great Lake behind me.

I don't hear the rest of the conversation. I'm aware that they are speaking, aware that they drag me into the living room. Aware of the seering pain of my scalp as the hair is being pulled out of my head. Draco isn't among them, and so I know he's out.

Breaking out of my occluding, I smirk. He's escaped. And that means these idiots are not going to have the night they expect to have.

The one Death Eater throws me into a heap on the floor. I skin my elbow and feel the sting. If I had the proper amount of adrenaline in my body, I might not even notice it. Occluding in this kind of situation isn't going to help me the way it should. I need to hear my way out. Listen for any sign, pay particular attention to my surroundings. So, I force it down, bite down on my lip and face the rocky waters awaiting me.

There's only one Death Eater left in the room. The other two are searching. The man in front of me uses magic to conjure binds on my hands. I sit on my knees in front of him. If they were any clever, they would have set up anti-apparition wards on this place. Of course, Draco might have used the window. There's no way for me to know.

All I can do is smirk. He's coming back for me. These stupid men do not know what they've unleashed.

"It's up," he says. "She's given you up. If you want to make this easy, you can tell us what you know."

I peer at the man. Helena betrayed me, but it looks like she didn't betray Draco. I wonder what the Death Eaters gave her in exchange for me, for whatever knowledge she told them I have that I am hiding.

So, I don't answer.

The man looks around, "you know, we'd offer you a much nicer place to stay than the Order."

I still don't answer. Instead, I look down at my lap. Once those men come back, I know what to expect. They need the information that I have. I'm not sure if they will or won't move me. If they don't whoever was with me my go to get reinforcements. If they do, they lose the chance on finding him, and depending on whatever information they think I know, maybe my information is not valuable if the Order knows that it's compromised. I just wish I knew what he was looking for specifically.

If I do stay, this night is going to be longer than any other I've ever known.

One of the men comes back, but not the other.

"Mulciber thinks he has him," the Death Eater pants in the doorway. "But he's running down the street."

"Well, leave Mulciber to it," the Death Eater who has been watching me says.