Prologue

A sharp chill had fallen over the mountains where the castle sat. No one was particularly surprised. After all, Austria wasn't exactly known for its pleasant autumn weather. Inside the castle, the great hall was empty, except for one man. He was pacing ever so slowly, the sound of his shoes against the stone floor echoing around the hall. The man stopped and looked up at the sound of someone approaching. It was Vinda Rosier.

"Is something troubling you?" She asked, although her face didn't show the slightest bit of concern. Grindelwald raised his wand ever so slightly, not in a threatening way, simply to show it off.

"Do you know what this is?" Grindelwald asked.

"It is the Elder Wand, the most powerful of all wands." Rosier said.

"Yes. But you see, the wielder of the Elder Wand can only access it's true potential if they are the true master. I was certainly it's master after I acquired it from Gregorovitch. But I have reason to believe that I have lost its allegiance to another. It is not performing the way it should. Lately, it is no different than an ordinary wand." Grindelwald paused, thinking. When had he lost the wand's allegiance? He thought back through the years since he had obtained the wand, and he drew a blank at every corner. Until he reached his time living as Percival Graves. He remembered his duel with the aurors, and how he had been exposed by Newt Scamander. That was when it hit him. He had been disarmed just before being exposed. Now he knew exactly who to blame. The Elder Wand transferred power fairly easily. One simply needed to disarm the current master. But he wouldn't settle for just that. He always wanted to put on a show. For stealing the allegiance of his wand, for becoming the master of the only Deathly Hallow he was able to find, she deserved to die. Grindelwald turned sharply back to Rosier.

"Tina Goldstein." He snarled.