ᵈᶦⁿᵍ ᵈᵒⁿᵍ "ᵈᶦᵗᶜʰᵉᵈ"〣✦╏𝟖

Beginne am Anfang

oh well. you left and began making your way back home. you stopped in front of the diner, looking at it's sign. you decided to go up on the hill, maybe enjoy some alone time.

the wind gently brushed through your hair, caressing your cheek and pulling you into a cold embrace.

you sat down, the solitary feel of standing alone in the grass pulling at your strings of emotions. you ducked your head into your knees and cried.

the gentle rustle of grass beckoned you to stay. it was almost calming. your shoulders relaxed, just listening to the grasshoppers.

there was a louder rustle this time, you recognized the sound of footsteps. you raised your head, looking around. seeing a figure a bit in the distance, you looked back towards the grass.

the footsteps got closer.

"hey." it was michael.

you looked up, seeing a gentle smile on his face. you smiled weakly back, wiping your eyes.

"hi."

he looked around. "what're you doing here? alone?" he crouched down, sitting on the grass beside you.

"uh.. just." you sniffled, wiping your eyes. "i got ditched. on a date." you looked at him and then at the grass.

"oh. i'm sorry, y.n" his smile dropped, placing a hand on your shoulder and rubbing it comfortingly.

you looked at him with a sheepish, grateful smile.

"well. let's not waste this opportunity. you're all glammed up, it would be a shame if it was all for some good for nothing dick who won't respect his lady." he rolled his eyes, smiling.

you raised a brow, confused. he got up and lent you a hand, which you took. he let go and bowed. "would you care for a dance?" he reached out with his hand, looking up. he had a sheepish grin on his face.

"hmm.. i guess i would." you took his hand, and he reaches for your waist. you place your other hand on his shoulder and sway to.. well no music since there wasn't any.

"no music?" you tilted your head.

"maybe you could sing some." he smiled encouragingly.

you pouted. "but what?"

he thought for a moment. "you know what, i think i know one."

he took a few seconds till he began, humming a gentle melody that was like heaven to the ears. the nice tone paired with his subtly raspy yet warm and gentle voice was perfect. somehow you felt like you were falling even deeper in love as you listened, as if he had been hypnotizing you.

you realized now, you didn't like that guy. you didn't like someone else. you just liked him.

for a moment he kept his eyes closed as he continued humming, then his gaze locked steadily onto yours, a gentle smile adorning his already perfect face. a vague sheen of the moon's light clinging onto the edges of his hair and onto his cheek.

by now you had already forgotten of everything else going on, the sounds of cars and other things being completely shut out. it felt like it was just you and him. like you could forget about all your problems, like everything that had been weighing on your shoulders had suddenly disappeared.

you laughed, he chuckled along with you.

"thank you michael." you leaned in, resting your head on his shoulder as you continued to dance.

"of course." he murmured, smiling.

you leaned in and gave him a peck on the cheek.

he looked as if he was smiling ear to ear.

you just stared at one another for a little, then almost as if reality had struck you, and what just happened, your smile dropped, and you began to stare at your feet.

"jeez you're too cute." his eyebrows furrow.

"i'm too cute?" you looked up, raising a brow with a smirk evident on your face.

"yeah."