FIVE, wake up

CHAPTER FIVE ( 🎤 )

CHAPTER FIVE ( 🎤 )

After finding out that they got to stay in the studio, Luke took matters into his own hands, teleporting them into downtown Los Angeles. Daisy sat between Luke and her brother underneath The Orpheum sign. Nothing had changed much since the '90s, the lights still shined bright. A soft buzzing came from the sign and it filled Daisy's ears.

   Luke presses his hand to her lower back, his fingers gentle against her exposed skin. They all looked out over the streets of Los Angeles in absolute awe.

   The Patterson boy hits Alex's leg with his other hand, "Hey, I know being dead isn't our first choice, but, I mean, it sure is easy getting around," he says, looking on the bright side of things. Daisy loved that part of his. Luke was always the optimist.

   "Easy for you, maybe," Reggie says. He looks down at his chest, moving his jacket, "I lost my shirt on that one." Daisy now noticed her brother's bare chest under his leather jacket. Only a few seconds passed before the white shirt appeared back on his body, "Ooh, never mind! There it is."

   Luke and Daisy let out a few soft laughs, looking at each other for a few moments. Daisy looks down at her feet, feeling Luke remove his hand from her back. She immediately missed his touch.

   "Okay, so, why'd you bring us here?" Alex asks, looking at the Patterson boy, "Just another painful reminder of where we never got to play. Thanks, Luke."

Daisy presses her lips together, "Cruel, Lu, cruel," she teases and he gives her a goofy grin.

Luke shakes his head, "I mean, guys, the game isn't over yet," he says, teleporting them to the ground outside of the entrance of The Orpheum, "I'm telling you, we've been given a second chance. Let's find some music. Let's see how many clubs we can hit before sunrise."

"Is that a good idea?" Daisy questions as Alex gets ran into by a man. Her question going unanswered, she stands back with Alex as he looks at at man who hit his shoulder, Luke and Reggie walking ahead.

"Hey!" Alex calls. The man was wearing a cloak and a top hat, like a magician. He glances between Daisy and Alex, tipping his hat to the two of them. Daisy furrows her brows as he turns to walk away.

   Alex looks at her, but they don't have time to talk about it before they hear Luke's voice, "Hey, Alex, Day. You coming?"

   "Let's go!" Reggie calls.

   The two of them turn, catching up with their friends. It doesn't take long, Luke and Reggie had slowed down enough for them to catch up.

They walked the streets for quite a while, hitting a few clubs and they listened to the music playing. They watched as people danced and drank. It made Daisy a little nervous, but the boys helped to calm her nerves just by being there.