2

Once again Jay was spotted in his usual spot in front of the register. It's the next day and Jay hasn't fully recovered from the embarrassing event from yesterday. Thankfully he won't be seeing him again, although Jay wishes he could see that smile one more time.

"Hyung."

It was also really attractive when he was ordering and his dimples would pop out every once in a while. Jay admits that the mystery customer was exactly his type.

"Hyung?"

Well, the past is the past. You have to move on, right? And that is exactly what Jay is going to do.

"JAY HYUNG!"

Jay flinches and turns behind him to see Niki giving him a concerned look. Jay turns his head slightly. "What's up?"

Niki crosses is arms. "I called you, like, 3 times! Are you okay?"

Jay gives him both thumbs up. "Of course I am! My bad, I was just thinking. Did you have a question?"

"Oh yeah. The ice cream machine is broken."

Jay clicks his tongue in annoyance. "Goddammit! Again?! We need to get a new one, that piece of shit is always breaking." Jay follows Niki to the ice cream machine.

"So what, it won't pour out?"

Niki squints at the machine and then pulls down the lever to dispense the ice cream. Nothing happens. "Yeah, it might be clogged or something?"

Jake comes from the drive thru corner and puts his hands on his hips as he sees Niki and Jay surrounding the machine. "Lemme guess, it's broken again?"

Jay plays around with some of the parts on the outside and groans in frustration. "Yup. We need to call Yeonjun or Soobin sunbaenim so that they can order a new one because this ancient thing is LONG overdue. I'm sick of fixing it."

Jake peaks over Niki's shoulder and watches as Jay works on the machine. "I'll call them later. And by the way, I need an ice cream cone for the drive thru...but no rush!"

Jay gives Jake a look as if he was asking if he was serious. Jake nods. "Well shit. If we tell them it's broken they'll probably jump through the drive thru window and strangle us. Give me a second, I am almost done." Jay says.

After a few more moments of rearranging the machine, Jay wipes his forehead in victory. "Ha! It's fixed. So Jake, you said you needed an ice cream cone?"

"Mhm!"

Jay grabs a cone from the cooler next to the machine and positions it under the dispenser. "You got it! Here ya go-"

Just as he pulls the lever down, it malfunctions and a sudden jolt ran through the machine, causing it to shudder and shake.

Then with a crack, the dispenser explodes and ice cream erupts, violently splattering on Jay who stands frozen in shock.

Time seemed to slow as the ice cream engulfs him, coating his hair, clothes, and face.

Niki and Jake watched in horror as the machine seemed to only be aiming toward Jay, and they cover their mouth in surprise. After a few silent seconds, laughter erupts from the two.

"BAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA!" Jake holds on to a nearby counter to give himself some leverage from falling over due to laughing too hard.

"PPPFFTTTT HYUNG I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU FIXED IT?! HAHAHHA!" Niki bends over and lets a loud laugh escape.

Jay wonders what he did to deserve this, and lifts his ice cream covered hands to wipe off the layer on his shut eyes. He opens his eyes once it's clear and can now see that his upper body it practically covered in ice cream.